Best quality Baby food / formula

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
The Goat
Expatriate
Cambodia

Best quality Baby food / formula

Post by The Goat »

Greetings CEO,

Much info on this website regarding issues with baby food and formula already. I have searched many forums but can not find this particular subject. Would like to please ask if anyone has positive experience with buying any type of natural organic baby food or formula? Certainly willing to invest in high quality natural food. Interesting situation here. The wife has been breastfeeding my son for over 1.5 years. Which is quite impressive, except.... She is getting quite tired, and we are looking to transition. Now, we supplement organic oatmeal and natural breast milk. My son seems addicted to the natural mum milk now. He won't drink cow milk and wants to drink mum's milk all day and night. He is very healthy and no major issues...... I really appreciate any responses for I don't have much experience in this area. Thank you CEO
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Best quality Baby food / formula

Post by armchairlawyer »

Breast is best. Better for baby, better for mother, and comes in a much better-looking container.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Seriously, weaning is usually very difficult.
You are right to be suspicious of formula here. I'd look for imports from Australia or some reliable place. Even then you don't know about storage.
You have to decide whether to gradually reduce breast or just go cold turkey. Most now receommend the former, using a bottle with a slow flow teat.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-life ... t-20048440
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

You're supposed to start giving them solid (well, mashed up) food around six months of age. Does the kid ONLY drink milk or what? No other foods were introduced earlier on? I don't think it's a major issue, but I'm surprised you guys waited this long to start thinking of other food sources.

Regarding brands, I don't think any one can be said to be the best. Just stick to one company, as their stomachs (maybe not so bad at 18m) are sensitive so you have to gradually move to another brand. Just find something made in France/abroad and use it as a supplement.

Btw, I'm not a pediatrician and new at this too, do that what I say with a grain of salt.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic