glass tank girls

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: glass tank girls

Post by Freightdog »

I’ve always found it rather curious, the perceptions focused around gender and sex.

If a girl likes to play around with more than one partner, or indulges in one night stands, the phrase slapper comes out. To be scorned.
Lads on a night out hook up, and they’re…lads! To be put on a pedestal, somewhat. But if they hook up with the aforementioned female, she’s a bit loose. If the female in question was much harder to seduce, it’s a conquest.

If a bloke could make money by being a gigolo, he’d quite probably be looked upon favourably by many others. A girl/woman does it; oldest profession.
How many women hanker after a man’s virginity? Mrs Robinson, aside. But a wedding gown is white, symbolically. Yet an unmarried woman in her mid twenties in some cultures is seen as something wrong, too.

Is the perception of ‘working girls’ linked to a rather male centric insecurity? If it doesn’t meet a male criteria of harder to get, then she deserves less respect?

Some of the foulest characters I’ve ever met in life have been what people might describe as ‘decent’ folk, following a set social values that are acceptable. Yet a woman who finds herself in a particular situation with few practical choices is perceived to be so much lower.
Is it men, or women who view sex as cheap? Street 136 (and many other places) has lots of girls waiting outside, for sure, but it’s mostly a drunken stampede of men that really drag it down.

As I say, just curious.
kagi
Expatriate
Switzerland

Post by kagi »

There used to be some bars in Thailand that had glass tanks about 3 metres high with naked women swimming in them. I never went in ,just saw them thru the open door while passing by.. I'm guessing it was glass, maybe some kind of plastic.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

most dads would be proud if their 17 year old came home an told him about his fun night out with the boys an girls ( at least 15 + years ago)
wouldn't get the same response if was their daughter
There used to be some bars in Thailand that had glass tanks about 3 metres high with naked women swimming in them
Plenty of bars in Pattaya an Bangkok up till mid 2000's and maybe later had girls taking bubble baths an showers naked
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
bobjane
Expatriate
Bahrain

Post by bobjane »

i am not talking about thailand its about cambodia
scott61
Expatriate
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Post by scott61 »

you opened up a discussion, it's not all about you
Welcome to social media. You will be contacted shortly by someone who doesn't understand humour.
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

I can confirm as of 25/05 2 out of 3 are permanently closed
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

xX.TROPA.Xx wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:24 am I can confirm as of 25/05 2 out of 3 are permanently closed
So, that'll be from next month, right?
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Username Taken wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:14 am
xX.TROPA.Xx wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:24 am I can confirm as of 25/05 2 out of 3 are permanently closed
So, that'll be from next month, right?
Predictable!
verdebandit
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by verdebandit »

Is 252 still open? If so i'll give it a visit in a couple weeks.
bobjane
Expatriate
Bahrain

Post by bobjane »

any new udpates?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic