Kampot Fortune Tellers on the Prowl

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Kampot Fortune Tellers on the Prowl

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Take heed.
Kampot: Upmarket Indian "fortune tellers" are said to be demanding vast sums of money from naive foreigners in Kampot. Just remember that nothing is for "free".
Please beware of 2 Indian scammers. 1 old guy claims to be yogi shaman and the other is younger. They approached my customers asking to talk, then offered what was thought to be a "free" fortune reading with some "advice" as they called it then after demanded $50 to $100. They get angry and rude quickly when money is denied.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Kampot Fortune Tellers on the Prowl

Post by Username Taken »

Someone might have to tell Yogi's future, that very soon he will be bashed by angry customers.

God is indeed Grate!
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Bloody Aussies, at it again. :plus1:
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Same scam was being played on riverside PP couple years back
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

I had one of these guys try this on me in Bangkok in 1985.🤣😅
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Cooldude wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:46 pm I had one of these guys try this on me in Bangkok in 1985.🤣😅
prob the same geezer tbf
Tommie
Expatriate
Norway

Post by Tommie »

Yes, I ran into them on Ouchteuteal beach in 1996 and 1997. I told them to F... off on both occasions. On the latter occasion they where chased away by some guests at JJ`s. Probably not the best place in town to be fortune telling as I remember their slogan to be something like this; " Let`s get wasted"
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Ouchteuteal beach??
1996 and 1997??
JJ`s??

Huh? Really?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic