Watching the girls: Preemptive measures taken against sex predators

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Watching the girls: Preemptive measures taken against sex predators

Post by phuketrichard »

for me, this is upsetting, girls cant walk to school in the early morning for fear of being attacked?
what the fuck , says alot about Cambodian males
Some state high schools in Phnom Penh have warned female students not to travel to school in the predawn hours of the morning or leave school late in the evening to avoid falling prey to sexual predators.

An investigation by Khmer Times reporter at some high schools in the capital revealed that students, teachers and school principals have expressed deep concerns over the possibility of rape at state schools, especially in places where security is lax.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501065111/ ... xT9zxWlDQo
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Watching the girls: Preemptive measures taken against sex predators

Post by AndyKK »

It's quite disturbing to even think the young schoolgirls are put in such a situation going and coming from school, and possibly in the school itself.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

I don't think this is limited to Cambodia to be honest. In my day I'd walk 4-5 miles to school (UK), I wouldn't dream of letting my son do that exact same route nowadays, let alone my daughter.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:31 am for me, this is upsetting, girls cant walk to school in the early morning for fear of being attacked?
I would call that a normal precaution in any country

Although some of my more misandrist trending alleged feminist female acquaintances disagree
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

There has been a handful of times where my wife will move chairs with me at events, solely based on how creepy the fella is next to her. I completely understand the feeling these girls are having, sex addicted teenage boys with limited access to sex education, I'd be afraid myself.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Spigzy wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:11 am I don't think this is limited to Cambodia to be honest. In my day I'd walk 4-5 miles to school (UK), I wouldn't dream of letting my son do that exact same route nowadays, let alone my daughter.
4-5 miles? Luxury!

In my day I had to walk 10 miles a day with no shoes on, on a gravel path and 3 inches of snow.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:11 pm
Spigzy wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:11 am I don't think this is limited to Cambodia to be honest. In my day I'd walk 4-5 miles to school (UK), I wouldn't dream of letting my son do that exact same route nowadays, let alone my daughter.
4-5 miles? Luxury!

In my day I had to walk 10 miles a day with no shoes on, on a gravel path and 3 inches of snow.
10 miles? I wish i only had 10 miles to walk.
I had to crawl on my hands and knees carrying my sick mother 40 miles over broken glass wearing nowt but an old pair of shorts and a ragged t shirt... no matter the weather.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

;)
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:42 am
phuketrichard wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:31 am for me, this is upsetting, girls cant walk to school in the early morning for fear of being attacked?
I would call that a normal precaution in any country
a sad commentary on the world as it now is
“There are times, however, and this is one of them, when even being right feels wrong. What do you say, for instance, about a generation that has been taught that rain is poison and sex is death? If making love might be fatal and if a cool spring breeze on any summer afternoon can turn a crystal blue lake into a puddle of black poison right in front of your eyes, there is not much left except TV and relentless masturbation. It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat shit and die.”
HST
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:11 pm
4-5 miles? Luxury!

I'd be willing to bet it was uphill both ways too. :popcorn:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic