Khmer GF asking about numbers on scooters - HELP!

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
SlackWaster
Expatriate
Great Britain

Khmer GF asking about numbers on scooters - HELP!

Post by SlackWaster »

Hello all

I hope you're well

I am looking to buy my Khmer girlfriend of five years a scooter as I'm sick of her using mine. However, she keeps talking about numbers I don't understand?

She's quoting things like 018, 020, and others that I at first thought were manufacturing year but she says no (but she could be wrong.)

I'm no scooter expert - but if anyone knows what she's talking about, could you give me some help?

Thank you in advance
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Khmer GF asking about numbers on scooters - HELP!

Post by Anchor Moy »

:plus1: Sorry no idea, but made me laugh.
Are you sure she doesn't want an iphone ?
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

I'm sure that she would be referring to the year of manufacture, but she probably doesn't realize that those numbers refer to years.

Ask her if she'd like a 022. She'll probably say that it will cost too much (or it's not out yet), better to get the 020.
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

Username Taken wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:12 am I'm sure that she would be referring to the year of manufacture, but she probably doesn't realize that those numbers refer to years.

Ask her if she'd like a 022. She'll probably say that it will cost too much (or it's not out yet), better to get the 020.

Take the advice of an expert , 023 or 024 are the best ever,
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic