Blood donation needed, Please help

This is our job board for expats. Until ZipRecruiter and Indeed make their way to the Kingdom of Wonder, this is the best place to look for employment in Cambodia, whether you're looking to teach English, manage a 5-star hotel, volunteer, or even work for some of the big NGOs. Even digital nomads who move to Cambodia sometimes need a side gig as a TEFL instructor from time to time. Most professional expatriate jobs are in Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap and Kampot are emerging as attractive alternatives. If you're an employer or hiring manager, you're also welcome to post your job listing here for free.
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Re: Blood donation needed, Please help

Post by Joker Poker »

Saddened to hear this Andy - I've really admired your commitment and unrelenting tenacity through all of this.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

AndyKK wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:04 pm Nak passed away at the apartment in Phnom Penh today.
sorry for ur loss, but as we have spoken, it was not unexpected and for her, the pain is finished
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

AndyKK wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:04 pm Nak passed away at the apartment in Phnom Penh today.
I'm terribly sorry to hear this, brother. Condolences to you, family and friends.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Truly sorry to hear this. You have my deepest condolences.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Condolences Andy, if you need someone to talk to and somewhere to get away and chill your most welcome to come stay.
I presume now you're got all her family to deal with regarding the funeral, don't hit anyone.
Ring me if you need anything.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

I have just recently lost a good friend due to the same condition, she passed away one week after being admitted to Prince of Wales hospital here in Sydney. It seems that you have done everything that was possible! Condolences.
Remember the good times :hattip:
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Very sorry for your loss Andy.
yongchi
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by yongchi »

My condolences Andy.
May Nak now be at ease at a better place!
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

atst wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:36 am Condolences Andy, if you need someone to talk to and somewhere to get away and chill your most welcome to come stay.
I presume now you're got all her family to deal with regarding the funeral, don't hit anyone.
Ring me if you need anything.
No! I have no family to deal with due to them not wanting us to stay in the room I had built for Nak, we're she sort comfort knowing her life would soon come to the end. I had no choice to bring her back to the apartment in Phnom Penh, via visiting her mother on the route back, I knew it would be the last time she would see her daughter.
Regarding the funeral I would mainly be alone, Firstly, I would have to have her looked at by a doctor to confirm that she was dead, then I needed the police to come and give me permission to take her to the Wat. But the police refused to come, but my landlord stepped at a crucial moment last night, when offering the police payment to come and give the permission, before that moment the four-armed police wanted to arrest me until they made an enquiry, I suspect my landlord being a minister of He made the difference to the outcome.
This morning the guy from the Wat came wanting payment, I told him I would meet him back at the Wat, I had to wait for the paperwork to be done by the police and village chief. until obtaining the paperwork it would be illegal to have Nak cremated. It took time like always to get the permissions to proceed.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

So sorry for your loss, you've been completely amazing.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic