Auto electric connectors - WHERE?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Auto electric connectors - WHERE?

Post by Jerry Atrick »

I need either a two pin plug for a bike wiring harness or some waterproof bullet type connectors to replace a damaged two pin plug

Can't find in this shithole town - not for the first time

Am not going to PP if it can be helped so looking for business names who have what I may be looking for please

It's to replace damaged plug to regulator/rectifier on a Suzuki DRZ

Replacement plug preferred, but will work with high quality (non Chineseum) bullet connectors also if needed

TIA
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Re: Auto electric connectors - WHERE?

Post by mannanman »

I had this issue and couldn’t find any so ended up using normal bullet connectors and crimp connectors and heat shrink covers.
People of the world, spice up your life.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

What I tend to do, is go into the bike repair shops and look around the floor area, I think it's the strange thing that gets the Khmer inquisitiveness. If you can't find, then there's probably something there that the shop guy will put together to fit.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

mannanman wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:33 pm I had this issue and couldn’t find any so ended up using normal bullet connectors and crimp connectors and heat shrink covers.

Where did you get the bullet connectors? I get a lot of "no hab" in many likely looking shops here
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Those type of connectors in your photo are normally in car Audio installations. Be careful if you go down that route, though, as the connector or cable may not rated high enough. If you're using bullet connectors, they do need protecting, as they aren't normally up to the job when exposed to water.

The manufacturer (in this case Suzuki), may be able to help you. It might be worth a trip to a dealership if it's in easy reach.

I'm a bit of a car-nut, and do most of my own maintenance. I identify a lot of components via the internet- OEM manuals, parts lists, and quite often find the correct items available on Ebay.

edited to add something like this

https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya- ... s-11463419

It may take a bit of legwork, but it should be possible to identify what's needed.
The next problem, then is getting the right tools to do the job reliably.

or
https://www.motorcycleid.com/cables-wir ... ctors.html
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:26 pm
mannanman wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:33 pm I had this issue and couldn’t find any so ended up using normal bullet connectors and crimp connectors and heat shrink covers.

Where did you get the bullet connectors? I get a lot of "no hab" in many likely looking shops here
I bought a job lot in SHV from an expat. He bought it from Thailand. Really good wire too.

Sorry. Can’t help here and I’d imagine it’s Chinese stuff anyway.
Have you tried Hong Luy Heng auto parts?
People of the world, spice up your life.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

I'll add here, as the PM option isn't working-
I may be passing through the UK on my way home from Africa, soon. If it's of benefit, I'll bring some of my tools and electrical components along.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Freightdog wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:15 pm I'll add here, as the PM option isn't working-
I may be passing through the UK on my way home from Africa, soon. If it's of benefit, I'll bring some of my tools and electrical components along.
Thanks; I'm all good on the tools front; getting some connectors sent from PP tomorrow I believe, but cheers again!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic