Overkill documentation tips needed enter cambodia

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
whereami
Expatriate
United States of America

Overkill documentation tips needed enter cambodia

Post by whereami »

American flying to Cambodia soon . I've researched some current situation , but like to be thorough extra effort ok on my part I don't mind.....1) Visa on arrival I will apply "ordinary/business visa " . But I plan on applying tourist visa online for backup in case rules/regulations change suddenly before trip . I only show if needed...2) I'm getting covid test anyways 48 hours before I arrive . Just in case airlines issues ( depart l.a./seoul Korea /Phnom Penh )....3) throw away airline ticket fully refundable just in case.....4) I have american c.d.c. hard copy covid shots ( 2 and booster included) and soft copy printout...4 ) I considering insurance Cambodia company for covid which one is best current climate ?......Thank you any tips appreciated ! Lots airfare money at risk i don't wanna feck it up !!!!
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Overkill documentation tips needed enter cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Sounds like you're all sorted, a little bit of an overkill, but hey ya just never know what could transpire between now and your arrival.

For insurance, look at Safety Wing or World Nomads.
whereami
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by whereami »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:32 am Sounds like you're all sorted, a little bit of an overkill, but hey ya just never know what could transpire between now and your arrival.

For insurance, look at Safety Wing or World Nomads.
Thank you !
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

OP- if you're coming as a tourist only and applying for an online tourist visa in advance anyway, why not just use that when you arrive? Assuming the rules haven't changed, not getting an ordinary visa on arrival will save you time and get you out of the airport quicker and save you a full page in your passport.

Edit: or did you mean you would apply for an ordinary visa from your embassy in advance?
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Interesting thread. Can't wait to see what your strategy will be when you hit the bars.
whereami
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by whereami »

Clutch Cargo wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:46 am OP- if you're coming as a tourist only and applying for an online tourist visa in advance anyway, why not just use that when you arrive? Assuming the rules haven't changed, not getting an ordinary visa on arrival will save you time and get you out of the airport quicker and save you a full page in your passport.

Edit: or did you mean you would apply for an ordinary visa from your embassy in advance?
Thanks for advice ! I prefer ordinary visa on arrival best option due to better extension options....Tourist online visa as backup . Also ill buy throwaway /refundable "through" outbound ticket because booking one way to cambodia no return date set in case I buy a bar or some mining stock/fall in love/ect....Maybe I can spend double what I need to feel better , kinda like happy hour . We shall see !
whereami
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by whereami »

armchairlawyer wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:14 pm Interesting thread. Can't wait to see what your strategy will be when you hit the bars.
haha nice don't plan on hitting bars first day
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

Username Taken wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:40 am
I'm sure you could have offered some constructive advice for this member Username Taken? You have a wealth of experience regarding the KOW and are a very

senior member & moderator of this forum..

A youtube video of "Overkill song" is something you might expect from me, but I'm a bit gun shy to post memes or videos as I have been banned for trolling for the

exact same thing just recently.

I'm confused how this song actually helps assist the OP? apart from possibly mocking him for being over the top in his preparations. :hattip:
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

I think the e visa will be fine, then no need for the Visa on arrival, I personally would not bother with the PCR covid test, RAT's are acceptable at the point of entry from my knowledge. You are probably just overthinking it a little.
Enjoy your trip. :beer3:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic