Does anyone in Cambodia use Glassdoor or other sites to check out employers?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
roundthetown
Tourist

Does anyone in Cambodia use Glassdoor or other sites to check out employers?

Post by roundthetown »

I've been looking at different job opportunities and tried checking out places with www.glassdoor.com, but it looks like not many people are using it here. I can only find a few local companies which have more than 3 reviews, which include some highly rated places (Smart) and some not so much (This Life Cambodia). Am I using glassdoor wrong? Or are there any other sources of independent information on employers in Cambodia? I mean, other than scrolling back through all the posts on this site?
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Re: Does anyone in Cambodia use Glassdoor or other sites to check out employers?

Post by Ghostwriter »

The best is to check thoroughly the forums, and check Google "NameOfCompany" + critics / scam to see what is told around.

You can ask the main Job annoncers (BongThom and else) about the company reliability, maybe they could bring some information.

Cambodia is a little bit to small & fucked up for GlassDoor statistics, i believe...Asking foreigners is safer than locals for sure.
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Does anyone in Cambodia use Glassdoor or other sites to check out employers?

Post by sigmoid »

roundthetown wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:09 pm I've been looking at different job opportunities and tried checking out places with www.glassdoor.com, but it looks like not many people are using it here. I can only find a few local companies which have more than 3 reviews, which include some highly rated places (Smart) and some not so much (This Life Cambodia). Am I using glassdoor wrong? Or are there any other sources of independent information on employers in Cambodia? I mean, other than scrolling back through all the posts on this site?
It seems like you could just post a query here asking if anyone has any knowledge, experience or opinion about a particular company. In most cases, you probably wouldn't get much info but you never know.

Like Ghostwriter mentions above, this kind of western-oriented website (glassdoor) doesn't really apply to countries like Cambodia.

Anyway, there's also a search function in the upper right-hand corner. You could try that as well.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

When you go for the interview and the guy interviewing you has close cropped hair, tattoos and looks like bulldog chewing a thistle, I think you can deduce enough about the company to draw your own conclusions.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic