Bank account

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
troelshartmann
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Bank account

Post by troelshartmann »

clutchcargo wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:05 pm
Yeah, I've had a similar experience. I see you have an OZ flag, so if you're transferring from there, another option is AUDSmart https://audsmart.com/en/

They absorb all transfer fees and costs for both intermediary and receiving banks. However, to do that, the exchange rate $A>$US won't be as good as Wise. But in your example above of $300 transfer this will save you a lot. Especially handy for smaller transfers to ABA. I've used them a number of times with no issues. User interface not as fancy as Wise but easy to use.
Yes, I moved to them after the $60 loss - they are the only outfit I know that guarantees what you will receive, at the cost of a slightly lower rate.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Bank account

Post by Clutch Cargo »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:27 pm
troelshartmann wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:16 pm Do any (all) of these support internet banking as well as access via app?
Acleda and Canadia have both. Unfortunately ABA discontinued it's internet banking platform for personal customers and can now only use the mobile app, shit decision.
Re internet banking with Acleda, and having just tried to access, it doesn't support the latest browser version for Chrome or Edge. Only Firefox and Internet Explorer worked for me (and IE is due to be retired on 15 June 2022).
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic