International Covid - 19 Vaccination Certificate

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: International Covid - 19 Vaccination Certificate

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Username Taken wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:28 am Intercare details that you've previously posted mention a 'fit to fly certificate'. Is it that one?
Anyway, we'll give them a call.
No I was referring to a Vaccination Certificate, many people have been getting this as they have not been able to download the necessary detail from the QR code on their Vax cards. I have seen a picture of the certificate (but didn't save a copy), whether accepted by your country or not I can't say.
Ot Mean Loi
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ot Mean Loi »

Hello Username Taken.

Unfortunately, the World Health Organization Yellow International Certificate of Vaccinations or Prophylaxis is not the accepted document for airlines and many governments as far as proof of meeting Covid - 19 and its variants are concerned. Illogical I grant you but true nonetheless at the present moment.

Nonetheless, I maintain all of my three Covid vaccinations in the WHO Yellow booklet as an ongoing record of my many and regular vaccinations and prophylaxis but have also printed out copies of my Australian Internationally accepted certificate of these vaccinations which contains the accepted QR Code.

It is all so illogical given that it is this WHO Yellow Booklet that is the proof of vaccination for all other vaccinations etc. for all other travel purposes.

In fact, I have three filled such booklets stapled together and the combined vaccination status of which defeats even the most persistently corrupt border guard or immigration official.

OML
dude
Expatriate

Post by dude »

I have been trying to obtain the "International Vaccination Certificate" from the (Cambodian) Ministry of Health for some time now without much success. In addition my (Cambodian) blue vaccination card mentions 2 shots of Sinopharm, 1 shot of Sinovac. Australia (ABF,TGA) will not accept Sinopharm Wuhan but rather Sinopharm Beijing. Has anyone in a similar situation been able to clear this hurdle ? TIA.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

dude wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:46 pm I have been trying to obtain the "International Vaccination Certificate" from the (Cambodian) Ministry of Health for some time now without much success. In addition my (Cambodian) blue vaccination card mentions 2 shots of Sinopharm, 1 shot of Sinovac. Australia (ABF,TGA) will not accept Sinopharm Wuhan but rather Sinopharm Beijing. Has anyone in a similar situation been able to clear this hurdle ? TIA.
Maybe scan the QRCode on your vaccination card and print the website. Or edit / add one word before printing it. The odds of them scanning the code on the spot are close to zero.

But seriously, the bureaucrats in OZ have sunk this deep?
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

dude wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:46 pm I have been trying to obtain the "International Vaccination Certificate" from the (Cambodian) Ministry of Health for some time now without much success. In addition my (Cambodian) blue vaccination card mentions 2 shots of Sinopharm, 1 shot of Sinovac. Australia (ABF,TGA) will not accept Sinopharm Wuhan but rather Sinopharm Beijing. Has anyone in a similar situation been able to clear this hurdle ? TIA.
Correct, TGA does not accept most Sinopharm shots. It depends on what is written on your card, but I think most Cambo cards just say Sinopharm which isn't enough info.
You'd be better off trying to get another shot. Something like AZ will do.

Kammekor wrote, "The odds of them scanning the code on the spot are close to zero."
Those odds are not close to zero.
My kids arrived in Brisbane a month ago without the International Certificate (partly because they got tired of waiting for the Health Ministry to lift a finger). They had a color photocopy of the Blue Card and a copy of the details from the KH vaccination website. Yet, Oz Immigration had them log into the KH vaccination site to confirm the vaccination details.
dude
Expatriate

Post by dude »

I was able to obtain via MOH website page (https://search.vaccine.gov.kh/) and Telegram the elusive International Covid19 Vaccination Certificate. Note that the full description of the vaccine appears on the certificate (but not on the vaccination card nor the MOH website)

[Image
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

dude wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:16 pm I was able to obtain via MOH website page (https://search.vaccine.gov.kh/) and Telegram the elusive International Covid19 Vaccination Certificate. Note that the full description of the vaccine appears on the certificate (but not on the vaccination card nor the MOH website)

[Image
Thanks for posting. How long did it take to get?
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Clutch Cargo wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:04 pm Thanks for posting. How long did it take to get?
Answering my own question as I got mine last night on Telegram, exactly 7 days after applying.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

The certificate actually contains less info than the scan of the QR code of the card which also shows a picture of the vaccinated person.
Element6
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Element6 »

I got the same Cambodian certificate as posted above just by scanning the QR code on my vaccination card. I could then dwnload a pdf of the certificate to keep on my phone and print out

Just travelling now and the certificate was accepted by Singapore airlines for transit in si gapore and Germany (where this is a strict requirement).
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic