Health Insurance Required for Immigration Visa Arriving at Airport?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
ognixdorf
Tourist
United States of America

Health Insurance Required for Immigration Visa Arriving at Airport?

Post by ognixdorf »

I currently hold a Cambodian retirement visa ER, but it is expiring 14 April 2022 (next month). I plan to return to Phnom Penh about 25 April (after its expiration).

My questions are:
1. Can I get a 30 day e-class "regular" visa at the airport for entry? I will plan to at the end of that get a 12 month ER visa, which is the one I have expiring 14 April.
2. I will have my Cambodian vaccination card, showing two Sinovac shots in Oct/Nov 2021.
3. My US Social Security is $31,000 annually. Does this meet the financial assets requirement and remove the requirement of "health Insurance"? I don't have health insurance.

Thanks all for any valid information you can provide.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Health Insurance Required for Immigration Visa Arriving at Airport?

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

1. Yes, you can now get the E-type (Ordinary) Visa on Arrival, $35

2. Cambodian Vaccination Card/Certificate showing 2 doses of Sinovac is sufficient for quarantine free entry, make a photocopy of both sides of the card.

3. There is no mandatory insurance requirement for entry into Cambodia. However, it is highly advisable to have comprehensive medical insurance whilst in Cambodia.

ognixdorf
Tourist
United States of America

Re: Health Insurance Required for Immigration Visa Arriving at Airport?

Post by ognixdorf »

thank you so much for your informative reply...I appreciate it
Og
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic