Will Smith Hit Chris Rock at the Oscars

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Re: Will Smith Hit Chris Rock at the Oscars

Post by IraHayes »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:12 am
Chad Sexington wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:09 pm
Chuck Borris wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:47 pm I was raised not to joke about others people disability. Was a slap ok? I dont give a shit for a Hollywood bs.
Chris Rock compared her to Demi Moore in the movie G I Joe, because of her haircut, hardy an insult, especially if he wasn’t aware of the alopecia thing (and alopecia is not a disability, some of her hair fell out, so she shaved the rest off, kind of like 90% of balding men) people need to stop trying to make out like he ripped the piss out of her because of her wheelchair, or a hump on her back.
Will Smith even laughed at the comment/joke himself, it was only when he saw his “wife’s” miserable face that he decided to lose his shit and get violent.
He probably figured if he didn’t defend her ‘honour’ she’ll probably go out and fuck another one of their son’s friends, or some rapper or other, to express her disappointment at his lack of chivalry.
It’s got to be tough for the guy when his wife’s a tramp with zero respect for him.
Will Smith even laughed at the comment/joke himself, it was only when he saw his “wife’s” miserable face that he decided to lose his shit and get violent.

I'm not so sure.

These award ceremonies, with someone like Chris Rock or more so Ricky Gervais as compère, put these actors with their planet sized egos in a very awkward position. Once it's their turn to be in the spotlight they know they are going to be the butt of the jokes. They hate that; they are used to getting their asses kissed 24/7 and having tantrums when it doesn't happen. But on awards nights, the have to be ready to fake a huge smile and laugh - at themselves - because that's what actors do; they fake it. Some are better at it than others but very few are convincing.

As for Will Smith, I think you are correct about him being very sensitive to anything being said about his wife in case it touches on her being "a tramp", so he was already well primed.
This ^^ .. so much this!
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

One should never judge a book by it's cover but she looks like she could be a nasty piece of work to me :sm smiley:
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

What is awesome is that if he hadn't lost his rag at a joke make people, like me, would still be in the dark about his slutty wife lol and the fact poor old Will has been cuckolded to hell.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

rozzieoz wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:17 pm Caveman behaviour.
Totally agree and should have been thrown out immediately caveman style.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Travolta at the Oscars: "I don't know or care what's going on at the moment."
exoterre
Expatriate
Greenland

Post by exoterre »

Doc67 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:02 pm Well, it finally happened. The onstage comedian at the Oscars, Chris Rock this year, made a comment about Will Smith's wife, Jada Pinkett Smith. Jade has Alopecia and as a result has no hair.

Chris Rock thought it was funny to make a joke about her being in G.I.Jane 2. Will Smith didn't see the funny side.

I'm not sure who comes out of this the worse, Rock for the joke, Smith for his slap - not a punch - on Rock or Smith (again) for his shouting and swearing when he returned to his seat.

You be the judge:

bonjour , everybody know here you are a retired from the miror ... cordialement
bienheureux le simple d esprit car il et misericordieux
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

IraHayes wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:47 am What is awesome is that if he hadn't lost his rag at a joke make people, like me, would still be in the dark about his slutty wife lol and the fact poor old Will has been cuckolded to hell.
Aren't they polyamorous?
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Polyamorous? Nope, his wife is just a cheating, promiscuous dirtbag. He's what is known as a cuckold.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:21 pm Polyamorous? Nope, his wife is just a cheating, promiscuous dirtbag. He's what is known as a cuckold.
A cuckold takes great pleasure in watching his wife with someone else. Will is just weak.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic