For sale: GPS trackers

Have a car, truck, motorcycle, or bicycle you'd like to sell? List it here for free. Heck, you can even buy and sell tuktuks or your pink Scoopy here. Remember, you need a driver's license in Cambodia for cars, trucks, and any motorbike that's over 125cc. And always wear a helmet!
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

For sale: GPS trackers

Post by mannanman »

So I’ve been testing some GPS trackers on my car and moto (after a few people I know had their bikes nicked in PP) for six months and they’re pretty good, but obviously after watching my journeys on the APP and getting SMS of my location a few times it’s got a bit boring but it’s there if I need it.

I’ve got 2G and 4G. The 4G has more features and a bigger internal battery and is slightly bigger, around the size of a cigarette packet but not as wide.
Super easy to fit, with a bit of bodywork removal, and connect to the battery.

You’ll need a SIM, but, you don’t need to keep it topped up if you don’t want to because it primarily uses GPS and you can just use the free APP. (I use Smart xtraLong, 3 months validity for $4). So the SIM will expire but it’ll still work on GPS.

However, using both GPS and cellular will increase the accuracy and allow updates to your phone, fence alarm, movement, low battery, power disconnect (if some one removes it), overspeed alarm etc. These features are on the APP but you have to have it open. 2G is better in the provinces without coverage.

4G moto tracker was $65 but now I’m shifting them for $55.
2G moto tracker is $22 (not tried these on GPS only).
Also have 4G ODB car tracker at $55. Simply plug it into the ODB port and that’s it.

(I sold one ODB tracker to a local who wanted to know where his wife was going. I’ve not heard back so I’m assuming it was to get her hair and nails done…
We also have one on sisters moto. Just to keep an eye on the minx.)

No subscription, lifetime free APP.
Note: You’ll need a good battery if you have a moto if you don’t ride it regularly. There’s a sleep mode that helps. Larger bikes and cars are ok but as I’ve said it’ll message you if the battery is getting low.

PM for details.
$2 shipping anywhere in Cambodia.

People of the world, spice up your life.