Entry to Cambodia News: Return of VOA's - no more C19 testing

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Entry to Cambodia News: Return of VOA's - no more C19 testing

Post by BklynBoy »

Joakim wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:25 pm Departed Gothenburg, Sweden 23/3. GOT-IST-SIN-PNH.
The Check in staff wanted my Visa and before showing her my Tourist E-Visa I replied that its no longer needed.
She checked her computer and insisted that I have to have Visa. "Computer says NO" she said.
Luckily I had, so no problem, but if my plan was to make on arrival I doubt I was let on the plane.

In Istanbul there was a Norwegian very, very upset businessman, going to Singapore who was denied boarding.
There was something about VTL or non VTL flight.
I can understand his frustration because the staff in Oslo let him checkin for the first leg OSL-IST.

My arrival to PNH was very smooth, they just checked my homemade Black/White printed Vaccination document.
First time ever I had to wait for my luggage. Always went with VOA before.
shit like this scares me. They didn't ask for a PCR Covid test correct? or forte health insurance?
I am also flying Singapore Airlines in August. This is exactly what @PSD-Kiwi was talking about how they are the gate keepers
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Joakim
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Joakim »

BklynBoy wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:05 pm
Joakim wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:25 pm Departed Gothenburg, Sweden 23/3. GOT-IST-SIN-PNH.
The Check in staff wanted my Visa and before showing her my Tourist E-Visa I replied that its no longer needed.
She checked her computer and insisted that I have to have Visa. "Computer says NO" she said.
Luckily I had, so no problem, but if my plan was to make on arrival I doubt I was let on the plane.

In Istanbul there was a Norwegian very, very upset businessman, going to Singapore who was denied boarding.
There was something about VTL or non VTL flight.
I can understand his frustration because the staff in Oslo let him checkin for the first leg OSL-IST.

My arrival to PNH was very smooth, they just checked my homemade Black/White printed Vaccination document.
First time ever I had to wait for my luggage. Always went with VOA before.
shit like this scares me. They didn't ask for a PCR Covid test correct? or forte health insurance?
I am also flying Singapore Airlines in August. This is exactly what @PSD-Kiwi was talking about how they are the gate keepers
No they did not ask about PCR-test or Health insurance.

About the insurance I think is not a problem any more.

Going here now and 15/12 last time, (GOT-ZRH-SIN-PNH) and no Qs about that.

If someone going in the near future maybe better to have an Tourist E-Visa just in case.

Just to show at Check In. And then make an ordinary VOA.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Joakim wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:18 pm

If someone going in the near future maybe better to have an Tourist E-Visa just in case.

Wishful thinking? You can only have one valid visa at a time. If they notice your e-visa they will deny your ordinary visa.
Not sure what the odds are they will perform a check though but I can imagine with their auto passport scanning machines you don't stand a chance to have two different visa at the same time .
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Kammekor wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:26 pm
Joakim wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:18 pm

Wishful thinking? You can only have one valid visa at a time. If they notice your e-visa they will deny your ordinary visa.
Not sure what the odds are they will perform a check though but I can imagine with their auto passport scanning machines you don't stand a chance to have two different visa at the same time .
The e-Visa (electronic online Tourist Visa) is only activated upon presentation to Immigration at passport control upon entry...so even if you purchase an e-Visa, you can choose not to use it and get yourself a Visa on Arrival, no issues whatsoever.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:48 pm Have you glued your Tourist Visa into your passport yet?
:shock: Can't believe I missed this...you do NOT glue or attach the e-Visa (electronic online Tourist Visa) into your passport, you print it off and hand it to Immigration at passport control on arrival, they then put an Entry STAMP in your passport.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

I am using Singapore Airlines
JFK-FRA-SIN-PP
I forget how it went because it looks like 2 stops but it says 1 when i purchased ticket. MAYBE 1 is for fuel? i don't remember. Also it says 1 stop is 50 minutes which is quite short. I did this trip before but can't rememember lol

anyway I feel like i should take the pre-pcr test. Whats the worst that happens? i lose 250 bucks? that is the cost for pcr test at jfk airport. I can lose 250 and sleep a little better or chance it. I know "chance it" seems a bit harsh because it is literally all over about not needing pcr test. I am still concerned about my transiting.

Yes, Singapore says if you can get into your final destination your good. Germany says if vaccinated your good.. It still tugs at me. I just don't want to be screwed by some over zealous ticket agent
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

BklynBoy wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:05 pm
Yea it's pretty fucked up that these changes take so long to filter down to where they are absolutely required, odd though as they obviously knew that a pre-flight PCR test wasn't required, which was announced at the same time, on the same directive, that the issuing of VOA's was reinstated :facepalm:

This is why I still advise people to check directly with the airlines (not just check their websites, which are usually outdated) what criteria they are currently applying, and to carry copies of the official announcements, particularly the MoFAIC and SSCA translations.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:58 pm
Doc67 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:48 pm Have you glued your Tourist Visa into your passport yet?
:shock: Can't believe I missed this...you do NOT glue or attach the e-Visa (electronic online Tourist Visa) into your passport, you print it off and hand it to Immigration at passport control on arrival, they then put an Entry STAMP in your passport.
The one and only time I had a tourist visa via the website was June 2017 and it's not in my passport now, so I don't think I glued it in and nor did they. (I am pretty sure I stapled it in though :D )

However, my first ever visa was a VOA class TI, and they did glue that one in, it is still there, as with every other subsequent visa. As a result I now have only 6 blank pages left in my passport which I seem to remember is getting close to being a problem when I am up for renewal in August. What's the minimum needed?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

@Doc67, yes, Visas issued in advance from a Cambodian Embassy/Consulate or on arrival are glued into your passport, but e-Visas are electronic and are not attached to your passport.

You need a minimum of 2 blank VISA pages when you apply for a Visa Extension of Stay.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

What constitutes "Fully Vaccinated" for travel purposes?

I've had 3 shots - 25/5/21, 10/06/21 and a booster on 22/12/21 (for the Omicron wave)

I am due to go to London on June 5th and return on July 13th. I am within 6 months on my departure but my return puts me 21 days past 6 months since my last booster.

Is this going to be a problem?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic