Entry requirements February 2022

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Entry requirements February 2022

Post by armchairlawyer »

@PSD-Kiwi
When we arrived at PNH a couple of weeks ago, they did not test our baby (< one year).
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

armchairlawyer wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:32 pm @PSD-Kiwi
When we arrived at PNH a couple of weeks ago, they did not test our baby (< one year).
Yea it seems to depend on who's on duty, but they have mostly stopped conducting the RAT's on arrival for infants based in most reports, I saw toddlers getting tested when I flew in last week but no infants.
donner-kruger
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by donner-kruger »

If I'm understanding this right, PCR tests are no longer required to enter Cambodia. I can't find anything about having a travel insurance either. Is that correct?

I'll be flying from Denmark with a stopover in Bangkok. I've travelled through Bangkok before and they required $200k insurance just to transit if I remember correctly. This is no longer the case and no PCR test required there either? Is that also correct? Anyone that has had any experience transitting there recently?
BobtheBillder
Expatriate

Post by BobtheBillder »

donner-kruger wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:30 pm If I'm understanding this right, PCR tests are no longer required to enter Cambodia. I can't find anything about having a travel insurance either. Is that correct?

I'll be flying from Denmark with a stopover in Bangkok. I've travelled through Bangkok before and they required $200k insurance just to transit if I remember correctly. This is no longer the case and no PCR test required there either? Is that also correct? Anyone that has had any experience transitting there recently?
When do you fly?

Until April 1, you need a PCR test and proof of insurance to transit Thailand.

After April 1 the PCR test requirement will reportedly go away.

This map is helpful, click on Thailand and see points 5 and 9 in the pop up box. PCR test and insurance required for transit. Airlines enforce this and may deny boarding if you don't have the required documents.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

donner-kruger wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:30 pm If I'm understanding this right, PCR tests are no longer required to enter Cambodia. I can't find anything about having a travel insurance either. Is that correct?

Update: Found the graphic specific to transit passengers through Bangkok Airport.

Last edited by ExPenhMan on Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

The mandatory Insurance requirement for Cambodia was scrapped in November. Current requirements below

Transit via Thailand requirements below, pre-flight PCR test OR Vaccination Card/Certificate, and $20k insurance cover, current requirements below

BobtheBillder
Expatriate

Post by BobtheBillder »

ExPenhMan wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:06 am

Update: Found the graphic specific to transit passengers through Bangkok Airport.

Thank you, yes box #3 there.

If transiting Thailand, you need PCR test and insurance. PCR test may go away April 1.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

BobtheBillder wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:55 am Thank you, yes box #3 there.

If transiting Thailand, you need PCR test and insurance. PCR test may go away April 1.
Read it again...PCR test OR Vaccination Certificate
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

BobtheBillder wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:55 am
ExPenhMan wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:06 am

Thank you, yes box #3 there.

One feel like shooting a moving target.
Boredom is like a shroud
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic