Rain in March

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Rain in March

Post by cautious colin »

I haven't been in Cambodia that long (around 7 years). Buy I cannot remember a rainier march than this, seems very unusual.

Any of the longer serving members experienced anything similar before?
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: Rain in March

Post by Jerry Atrick »

I've seen like 4 showers so far - one was pretty wet
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:49 pm I've seen like 4 showers so far - one was pretty wet

Were the other 3 dry showers
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

I have seen the occasional showers in the supposedly dry months, but normally they are light and short lived. Last night was a proper storm that went on for hours, and that is a new one to me.
Gazzy
Expatriate
South Africa

Post by Gazzy »

Perhaps it's related to climate change.
kagi
Expatriate
Switzerland

Post by kagi »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:33 am I have seen the occasional showers in the supposedly dry months, but normally they are light and short lived. Last night was a proper storm that went on for hours, and that is a new one to me.
These were known as mango rain but the heavier showers are something new.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

kagi wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:51 am
Doc67 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:33 am I have seen the occasional showers in the supposedly dry months, but normally they are light and short lived. Last night was a proper storm that went on for hours, and that is a new one to me.
These were known as mango rain but the heavier showers are something new.
Hopefully they will stave off any power cuts.
drozd
Expatriate
Mexico

Post by drozd »

Mango rain (plien svay) is a yearly thing, usually start late february and ends a week into march,
some variations as always with weather and parts of the country.

This is not caused by climate change but who knows about the future since climate change have always been a factor.
Also during the driest months there might be some heavy rains.
One of the heaviest downpours I've seen here during my nearly 20 years in the Kingdom was late march some ten/twelve years ago,
it caused floodings and landslides along the coast.
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ozinasia »

either way its nice ... cooling and refreshing washes away dust and the pee on the walls .. bucketing down right now in fact
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Ozinasia wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:41 am ....washes away dust and the pee on the walls ..
And the scum off the streets :plus1:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic