Entry to Cambodia News: Return of VOA's - no more C19 testing

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Entry to Cambodia News: Return of VOA's - no more C19 testing

Post by Doc67 »

Kenr wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:54 am
Kammekor wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:44 am
Kenr wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:34 am

Well I’m not stupid, I am vaccinated, I just thought it was odd that I would need to take a Covid test before checking in beings I am fully vaccinated. I am not upset about it, it is what it is, but for me it’s a little overkill and if I’m going to lease a place for a year I don’t want my hands tied to who I can or cannot bring to my room. So I will probably be looking for someplace else. No big deal.
I think the 'strong advice' to self test is misinterpreted by the hotel as 'a requirement'.
Possible, but she made it clear it was their policy. It wouldn’t matter now anyway, if they are that strict on allowing guests for someone staying there long term, apparently as the other individual claims, I’d rather just find someplace else. Not a big deal, just glad I found out now rather than later.
If the government allows people to enter the country without pre or post arrival testing, then why are they giving any advice to hoteliers to keep testing?

What if you became infected while in residence, and they found out, would they ask you to leave? Restrict anyone bringing you food? How can you trust people like that not to freak out?

Any hotel that carries on this BS policy of testing on checking-in should be told in plain terms that you are not booking because if this policy and it has cost them $x as a result.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:29 pm
Kenr wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:54 am
Kammekor wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:44 am
Kenr wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:34 am

Well I’m not stupid, I am vaccinated, I just thought it was odd that I would need to take a Covid test before checking in beings I am fully vaccinated. I am not upset about it, it is what it is, but for me it’s a little overkill and if I’m going to lease a place for a year I don’t want my hands tied to who I can or cannot bring to my room. So I will probably be looking for someplace else. No big deal.
I think the 'strong advice' to self test is misinterpreted by the hotel as 'a requirement'.
Possible, but she made it clear it was their policy. It wouldn’t matter now anyway, if they are that strict on allowing guests for someone staying there long term, apparently as the other individual claims, I’d rather just find someplace else. Not a big deal, just glad I found out now rather than later.
If the government allows people to enter the country without pre or post arrival testing, then why are they giving any advice to hoteliers to keep testing?

What if you became infected while in residence, and they found out, would they ask you to leave? Restrict anyone bringing you food? How can you trust people like that not to freak out?

Any hotel that carries on this BS policy of testing on checking-in should be told in plain terms that you are not booking because if this policy and it has cost them $x as a result.
No, she said it was the hotels policy. And no, I am not booking with them.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

I think 99% of the people arriving in PP are fully vacinated, and the girls in PP also, i couldnt find one who wasnt, my best friend has small food-shop and already has her 4th. Seasons are just very cautious and thats exactly why i like the place !!
And for the real anti-vaxers: i have been offered a fake certificate from a barang (who showed me his) for 150 US !! He is a real anti-vaxer and lives in PP, no idea where he bougt his, but it looked perfectly original !! Had several discussions with him about it, but he is a lot smarter then i am !! ??
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Bongmab69 wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:15 pm i have been offered a fake certificate from a barang (who showed me his) for 150 US !! He is a real anti-vaxer and lives in PP, no idea where he bougt his, but it looked perfectly original !!
The certificate wasn't fake; just fraudulently issued
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

The vaccine does not prevent you from catching the virus. The vaccine does not prevent you from spreading the virus. The vaccine’s purpose is to help you from being seriously affected by the virus. Why get the vaccine but continue to act like the world is going to end? What’s the purpose? Being cautious is one thing, but it seems a little overkill to me. But it is their business and they can run it as they choose, and I can choose not to utilize their services without any ill feelings towards them.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

OK, so Seasons wants their customers to be vaxed and see a negative covid test before moving in. Never mind if they catch covid later. As an aside, it only took a newly arrived friend of mine a few days to catch covid. Admittedly, he frequented girlie bars so his risk level was high..

Now, does Seasons presumably check the vax status AND a negative covid test for any invited guests as well?
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Clutch Cargo wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:54 pm OK, so Seasons wants their customers to be vaxed and see a negative covid test before moving in. Never mind if they catch covid later. As an aside, it only took a newly arrived friend of mine a few days to catch covid. Admittedly, he frequented girlie bars so his risk level was high..

Now, does Seasons presumably check the vax status AND a negative covid test for any invited guests as well?
That is exactly why I am not going to stay there. And if I were to sign a long-term lease would I be subjected to periodical Covid tests? I didn’t get that deep into it with her because I already knew I would not be staying there.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Don't forget to print those OP official law statements, just to show to those officials who will pretend bullshit, just in case...
Warming up everybody
ImageImage
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

Clutch Cargo wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:54 pm OK, so Seasons wants their customers to be vaxed and see a negative covid test before moving in. Never mind if they catch covid later. As an aside, it only took a newly arrived friend of mine a few days to catch covid. Admittedly, he frequented girlie bars so his risk level was high..

they asked my vax status when i checked in in december, but not my covid test, as i arrived a month earlier then i checked in there (i was a month in Casa-hotel) !
Joakim
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Joakim »

Departed Gothenburg, Sweden 23/3. GOT-IST-SIN-PNH.
The Check in staff wanted my Visa and before showing her my Tourist E-Visa I replied that its no longer needed.
She checked her computer and insisted that I have to have Visa. "Computer says NO" she said.
Luckily I had, so no problem, but if my plan was to make on arrival I doubt I was let on the plane.

In Istanbul there was a Norwegian very, very upset businessman, going to Singapore who was denied boarding.
There was something about VTL or non VTL flight.
I can understand his frustration because the staff in Oslo let him checkin for the first leg OSL-IST.

My arrival to PNH was very smooth, they just checked my homemade Black/White printed Vaccination document.
First time ever I had to wait for my luggage. Always went with VOA before.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic