Entry to Cambodia News: Return of VOA's - no more C19 testing

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
kagi
Expatriate
Switzerland

Re: Entry to Cambodia News: Return of VOA's - no more C19 testing

Post by kagi »

BobtheBillder wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:08 am
down_time wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:34 am I can also confirm that Bangkok transit rules also follow the destination country, so now will no longer need PCR for transit to Cambodia.
Is that in writing somewhere? I thought to transit Bangkok everyone needed a PCR test and proof of insurance.

I've heard A LOT of stories of people being denied boarding for flights transiting Bangkok because they didn't meet the Thai requirements for transit.
This from bangkokpost today

The government is set to allow tourists to enter Thailand without the need to show proof of a negative RT-PCR test within 72 hours of travel as required by the Test & Go scheme.

Dr Kiattiphum Wongrajit, permanent secretary for the Public Health Ministry, said the ministry will propose the easing of certain pre-travel requirements to a meeting of the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) on Friday.

"Under the proposed entry rules, travellers under the Test & Go scheme would no longer be required to show negative RT-PCR test results up to 72 hours before departure to the kingdom," he said on Wednesday.

They will only need an RT-PCR test upon arrival and an antigen self-test on Day 5, while health insurance coverage for foreign visitors will be reduced from at least US$50,000 to $10,000, Dr Kiattiphum said.

He will also present to the CCSA a plan detailing steps to downgrade the Covid-19 pandemic to the status of an endemic.
alexvanlaar
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by alexvanlaar »

Is that really true? No PCR TEST upon arrival and VOA now? Please tell me I'm not dreaming!
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

cabron wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:13 pm
Kenr wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:24 am
BobtheBillder wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:11 am
Kenr wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:09 am As long as you don’t exit the transit area you don’t need anything extra and you will be ok.
Unless the airline staff denies you boarding claiming you need a Thai Pass, which has happened.

Also, you need the PCR test and insurance to transit even if not leaving the airport.
Well if that’s what you believe and you are transiting through BKK make sure you get a Thai Pass, a negative PCR test and insurance.
Wrong the Thai Pass not required for transit passengers not leaving the airport.
I know it’s not, but he insists, not going to keep going back and forth with him.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

alexvanlaar wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:36 pm Is that really true? No PCR TEST upon arrival and VOA now? Please tell me I'm not dreaming!
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

This also eases travels abroad for long term stayers without the risk of being stuck in ur destination country when they want to return 'home'.
MisterFrenchyBoy
Tourist
Russia

Post by MisterFrenchyBoy »

Wait im confused....

VOA means we can apply to the EB visa without any documents on arrival and then change it to a long stay visa ? :dm:
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

MisterFrenchyBoy wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:30 pm Wait im confused....

VOA means we can apply to the EB visa without any documents on arrival and then change it to a long stay visa ? :dm:
If it is the same as before, the answer is yes.

As with everything, wait for the dust to settle and/or screaching U-Turns.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

alexvanlaar wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:36 pm Is that really true? No PCR TEST upon arrival and VOA now? Please tell me I'm not dreaming!
No, it's true; we made it

Borders shouldn't have closed anywhere in the first place; but at least the mass stupidity is over now
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

MisterFrenchyBoy wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:30 pm Wait im confused....

Technically not correct. You can apply for an ordinary visa on arrival which can be extended if you meat the criteria of that extension. For EB extension documents are required, but money can still replace this I guess.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Khmer_Risotto wrote:Does the vaccination or booster need to be within the last 6 months?
That's what I'm wondering. What is the definition of "fully vaccinated"? Cambodia is the only country I'm aware of that was boasting about getting 4 shots and insisting on really young kids vaccinated. I'll likely need a booster before leaving, but it would be nice if that hit were clearly laid out.

Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic