Reference and addressing - third person & relation

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Reference and addressing - third person & relation

Post by AndyKK »

Knowing recent posts of Samana Johann I would think the subject relates more to Buddhism, such being first novice, second anointed, third Abbott.
Here I would say Cambodia is not that exceptional in it's related religious beliefs for the part of the world.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

It puts the lotion in the basket.
Samana Johann
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Samana Johann »

AndyKK wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:19 am Knowing recent posts of Samana Johann I would think the subject relates more to Buddhism, such being first novice, second anointed, third Abbott.
Here I would say Cambodia is not that exceptional in it's related religious beliefs for the part of the world.
Those are not two things, culture and culture, tradition and tradition. Yet for course modern ideas/ideologies and cultur are, good householder. Yet it's seldom and nearly exclusively alive, this Khmer (Khema, pi: peaceful) way. Sure, if not interested and prefer material oriented marxistic degeneration, nothing to worry that other kind wouldn't get their feed and heat. And yes, degeneration is everywhere degeneration, like-a like.

So it's meant just for those of householders kind who have lasting tendency toward higher and beyond. As on this board here , even if excluding culture for low feeds, why even try to feed here likewise? Because this way does not lead to long lasting satisfaction and happiness. Yet no way to get into liberating if not starting with basic virtue, proper reference and well aware of one' own position and that of other.

So to put things upright here: "Don't "hope" (common will turn out fine) but "expect"" (of what wise praise will lead to better).

It's to expert that the topic wouldn't be moved into common food sections, even if suggested. (Atma thinks it makes less of occasions useful for things meriting upwardly, merely just usually taken as feed for demerits, it eaving things here behind, when even account on else here...)
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

I saw you tearing up those monks on the buddha forum OP.
Are you some kind of ecclesiastical police?
Does your Abbot know what you are up to?
Last edited by nemo on Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Samana Johann wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:36 pm
AndyKK wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:19 am Knowing recent posts of Samana Johann I would think the subject relates more to Buddhism, such being first novice, second anointed, third Abbott.
Those are not two things, culture and culture, tradition and tradition. Yet for course modern ideas/ideologies and cultur are, good householder. Yet it's seldom and nearly exclusively alive, this Khmer (Khema, pi: peaceful) way. Sure, if not interested and prefer material oriented marxistic degeneration, nothing to worry that other kind wouldn't get their feed and heat. And yes, degeneration is everywhere degeneration, like-a like.

So it's meant just for those of householders kind who have lasting tendency toward higher and beyond. As on this board here , even if excluding culture for low feeds, why even try to feed here likewise? Because this way does not lead to long lasting satisfaction and happiness. Yet no way to get into liberating if not starting with basic virtue, proper reference and well aware of one' own position and that of other.

So to put things upright here: "Don't "hope" (common will turn out fine) but "expect"" (of what wise praise will lead to better).

It's to expert that the topic wouldn't be moved into common food sections, even if suggested. (Atma thinks it makes less of occasions useful for things meriting upwardly, merely just usually taken as feed for demerits, it eaving things here behind, when even account on else here...)
You need to put some dressing on that word salad.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

That may be so, to fit into religious beliefs, such has the lay Buddhist during alms rounds, no need to hope because the people will give, expect is not necessary in this case.
But my words and meaning - Always hope but never expect - Being hopeful means you are looking forward to something despite the circumstances. Also, in times of challenges and difficulties, hoping is what keeps us going, however, being hopeful must not be mistaken as expectation, because when expecting something can be very frustrating if it doesn’t come true.
Samana Johann
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Samana Johann »

AndyKK wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:55 pm
That may be so, to fit into religious beliefs, such has the lay Buddhist during alms rounds, no need to hope because the people will give, expect is not necessary in this case.
But my words and meaning - Always hope but never expect - Being hopeful means you are looking forward to something despite the circumstances. Also, in times of challenges and difficulties, hoping is what keeps us going, however, being hopeful must not be mistaken as expectation, because when expecting something can be very frustrating if it doesn’t come true.
Good householder,

Hope, desire, causes birth, again and again, old age sickness, death. Hope for what? Hope that eye and sign become, be real. Hope to find refuge in sound. Hope to find refuge in smell,... taste. Hope another idea becomes ones refuge... The wise expects, has faith, that abonding the snares of the world, the world, is possible and does not venerate low, does not regard what is subject to decay as a worthy refuge. For it's really frustrating, suffer-making to sacrifices toward what's subject to decay, not even heading toward Sublime.

That's the root, that's the reason, why proper regard, proper veneration, leads not only to ayu (longlife), vanna (beauty, esteem), sukha (happiness, heaven), balang (power, enery) but also beyond. For what would a bind without right expect doing efforts, living even without Gods, not to speak of those beyond?

So let my person, for those which to go beyond frustration, by letting go of hope, leave the first step toward it behind here: Respect and Veneration, Apacāyana, and at least getting Khema (Khmer, peaceful) Cultur understood, even if still incapable to abound not smart ways.
...An attitude of proper respect is a sign of intelligence. As SN VI.2 indicates, it is a requisite condition for gaining knowledge and skill, for it creates the atmosphere in which learning can take place....
As for the rest
via email by S Johann:

Good careholder of this realm,

surely often seen as not very welcome request, so it should in now way
burden, and of course, no expression of demand..

If there are ways and will, it would be good to delete this account as well
as the contributions as it would not serve the kind of customs, used to
feed here, for any good, as the way is a different.

Best wishes for all your goid undertakings, and Sadhu for shared
hospitality at times Atma made use of the gift.
reply by Admin:

Hi. Thanks for reaching out. We don't typically delete entire accounts. Any specific reason you want this? You can just stop using it and it remains dormant.
Good then.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

She seemed nice. Sorry to lose someone I might have learnt something off. I just couldn't get the gist.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Quote from your added article -
The Dhamma of the Buddha has broadly been introduced in a way that fits to the popular communist world view "All are equal, all have the same right" and the praise of equanimity as the highest virtue, was used to implement the teachings of the Buddha in a wrong way.

My point relates to the article in a way, it was some time ago when I made a post in reference "about the exception of a westerner into Buddhist society in Cambodia".
Before you answer the question Samana Johann, I am aware of the American Abbot whom is based in Phnom Penh who helps HIV/AIDS victims. I alone question is acceptance because of the income of funding and the help he offers.
In Thailand the late king was surrounded by western monk's, it is said that westerners can study Buddhist teachings at a cost.
Sri Lanka offers the westerners a year's visa to study the teaching of Buddhism.
But the Abbots I had spoken with in Cambodia said they nor its people would except the western person in to its Buddhist teachings.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic