Yemen facing ‘outright catastrophe’

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Yemen facing ‘outright catastrophe’

Post by Chuck Borris »

Are they forgotten because they are not blond? Can Saudi"s beheading mula"s do everything they want because they are "our" allies? Kill journalist on foreign soil? Bomb and starving whole nation? We are living in a word of a double standards.

https://news.un.org/en/story/2022/03/1113852
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
down_time
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Yemen facing ‘outright catastrophe’

Post by down_time »

Chuck Borris wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:31 pm We are living in a word of a double standards.
This has been true for most if not all of human civilisation. I completely agree with you but it's not going to change anytime soon. Look at the Isreali/Palestinian conflict, it seems as far from a resolution now as it's ever been.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Chuck Borris wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:31 pm Are they forgotten because they are not blond? Can Saudi"s beheading mula"s do everything they want because they are "our" allies? Kill journalist on foreign soil? Bomb and starving whole nation? We are living in a word of a double standards.

It's hardly surprising that Ukrainians get more sympathy from the west than Yemenis and other Arabs.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
TWY
Expatriate
Macedonia

Post by TWY »

Chuck Borris wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:31 pm Are they forgotten because they are not blond? Can Saudi"s beheading mula"s do everything they want because they are "our" allies? Kill journalist on foreign soil? Bomb and starving whole nation? We are living in a word of a double standards.

They are forgotten because the Houthi's are supported by Iran and they are fighting against a regime supported by Saudi Arabia. So there isn't a "democratic" side to pick in this fight. And it doesn't border on the EU.

Ukraine is a democracy that was invaded by another country. Is a neighbor of the EU. So I'd expect a lot more coverage of the Russian invasion.

I've seen plenty of news coverage about the situation in Yemen. Both from a humanitarian standpoint and the war between the Houthi's/Iran and the propped up government and Saudi Arabia/UAE. If the war in Ukraine drags on for four years I'd expect you'd be seeing a lot less coverage as attention spans are short.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic