A Very Sad Expat Story in Kampot - BUT with Happy Ending

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: A Very Sad Expat Story in Kampot - BUT with Happy Ending

Post by GMJS-CEO »

MG3 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:24 pm She is now complaining about nepotism in judging a pole dancing competition at a bar in Kampot.

The weirdest part of this is the young child getting a closeup view.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Santa.

Silence, exile, and cunning.
MG3
Expatriate

Post by MG3 »

It's a great hustle for a bar owner.

1. Advertise pole dancing competition with huge prize ($100 is a LOT of money for young women in Kampot).

2. Fill bar with attractive pole dancing women

3. Sell a lot of drinks because bar is full of attractive women dancing and entertaining your customers for free.

4. Declare your wife to be the winner of the $100 prize.
offroadscholar
Expatriate
Australia

Post by offroadscholar »

Case closed, at least for Kampot Chara ?

" In order to complete the procession, Mai Sreypov decided to cut the land (C7) size 10mx2m (price $23,000.00) located in Ootoc village, Andong Khmer district, Kompot city, to Joseph Boyd, which is being nominated by Huy Oudom (representative Joseph Boyd). The cut-off letter also punched the thumbs up by the four parties, which the neighborhood's grandchildren also signed a seal of recognition."

So if I understand the above correctly, Joe now holds his 10mx2m of the land through a new nominee, Huy Oudom.
10/x2m seems like a useless sized piece of land, maybe a typo ?
Anyway, I guess that absolves Chara of any further obligation and possibly helps her reputation going fwd.
Joe now has a new Nominee to deal with, also noting (AFAIK) that Nominee agreements for foreigners to control land are not strictly legal under Cambodian law. Admittedly it would help that Doung Dara brokered the deal.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:14 am Santa.

"...when I'm finished, I said. This is where I bought you into the world, and if you don't stop, I'll put you right back!"

I judged a couple of those in Snook. Votes are tallied. The one I voted first, came 3rd overall. I voted on personality.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
MG3
Expatriate

Post by MG3 »

Kampot Chara has a message for CEO to shut the f*ck up about her personal life.

MG3
Expatriate

Post by MG3 »

mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

Didn’t say fuck or shit once.
She’s been hacked.
People of the world, spice up your life.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

MG3 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:06 pm Image
Somebody should tell the "elephant leg woman" to stop posting all the details of her life publicly and then the public may stop talking about her
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

MG3 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:01 pm Kampot Chara has a message for CEO to shut the f*ck up about her personal life.
Oh the irony, the silly bint posts about her life on Facebook but says she isn't a public figure and thus should be protected from discussion on forums such as this one.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic