More stupid questions - areas of Phnom Penh

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: More stupid questions - areas of Phnom Penh

Post by Bluenose »

Kenr wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:45 am Need someone to clarify exactly where the Seasons Residence is located. I know it’s on 144, but is it next to street 19? On one location on the map it shows a few blocks from the river and another shows much, a lot, further down away from the river.
One thing to learn about Cambodia - never rely on the pins on maps to be anywhere near accurate
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: More stupid questions - areas of Phnom Penh

Post by armchairlawyer »

Kenr wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:45 am Need someone to clarify exactly where the Seasons Residence is located. I know it’s on 144, but is it next to street 19? On one location on the map it shows a few blocks from the river and another shows much, a lot, further down away from the river.
It's on the north side of 144 bewteen 15 and 19. It's a little bit west of the 3A Bakery and a little bit east of Lucky Express.
BTW,there is a hostess bar opposite it, named Chhnang.

BTW2, there is a similar block of serviced apartments on 110. Prices from 600-900. No gym or pool. Well managed block, slightly dated (as is SR) but good quality.
There are also two brand new blocks. One is on 110 opposite 17. These are studios, cost $650. I hear it has a pool and gym. The other is on Riverside. Rather cramped 2 bed apartments, around 800-900. No pool or gym. Great views from some of the apartments.

It gets quiet around SR later in the evening. Personally I would pay $1.25 for a Grab car (from the bar areas) rather than walk there after midnight.

If you enjoy the bars on a regular basis, I recommend you stay in the vicinity. Travelling down to BKK1 etc late at night is a bit risky, even in a car. Driving behaviour late at night is not good. OTOH, if you don't like the hostess bars and prefer "normal" bars and restaurants, then BKK1 would be better (or Tuol Kork as Spigzy says).

BTW3 - the serviced apartments all charge electric at a premium. $0.25 is normal. This is about 50% over the government price. I don't use aircon much and my bills come in about $50 per month but people who use it a lot can get to $200-300.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic