Do you support Ukraine or Russia?

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.

Do you support Russia or Ukraine in this conflict?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:32 pm

Russia
18%
Ukraine
73%
It's a hoax
3%
I don't know.
6%

Total votes: 79
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Re: Do you support Ukraine or Russia?

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:41 pm Not to take away from what is happening in Ukraine and Putin fucking up Europe
but i wonder why does Burma not get this front page news when they junta has been murdering civilians, burning and shelling village's, killing children, imprisoning many for trumped up charges for over 13 months?

is it cause they are not white?

Ok back on topic
Burma was front page news here in the UK, lots about the killings, the mass exodus, camps in Bangla Desh etc but like all other big world events it was replaced by new ones. This too will be off the front pages soon.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:36 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:41 pm Not to take away from what is happening in Ukraine and Putin fucking up Europe
but i wonder why does Burma not get this front page news when they junta has been murdering civilians, burning and shelling village's, killing children, imprisoning many for trumped up charges for over 13 months?

is it cause they are not white?

Ok back on topic
Burma was front page news here in the UK, lots about the killings, the mass exodus, camps in Bangla Desh etc but like all other big world events it was replaced by new ones. This too will be off the front pages soon.
It’s mostly going to be governed by what has a direct impact on us. Or if we have an actual interest in that event, itself. I was following the updates about Burma as PkR was bringing them. Ukraine has a big direct impact on me as I was expecting to head that way for a job, shortly. It’s still having a direct impact on another continent entirely. Plus I’m interested, and deeply saddened.

A parallel? Vietnam, maybe? I don’t mention it as a criticism or for controversy, just the tragedy. Lots of young men going to fight a war, and die. Someone even made a song about it? 19? A great many of the listed Russian casualties appear to be born in the twenty first century.
Last edited by Freightdog on Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Freightdog wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:20 pm A great many of the listed Russian casualties appear to be born in the twentieth century.
Did you mean 21st?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:26 pm
mannanman wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:05 pm
A lot of Ukrainians have links to Russia and visa versa. Common language.
Ukrainian and Russian are different languages.
I wonder how they communicate? (With guns at the moment)
People of the world, spice up your life.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:39 pm
Freightdog wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:20 pm A great many of the listed Russian casualties appear to be born in the twentieth century.
Did you mean 21st?
Doh, yes.
FTFM
Last edited by Freightdog on Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

Freightdog wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:20 pm
A parallel? Vietnam, maybe? I don’t mention it as a criticism or for controversy, just the tragedy. Lots of young men going to fight a war, and die. Someone even made a song about it? 19? A great many of the listed Russian casualties appear to be born in the twenty first century.
Wasn’t the 19 guy a Brit?
People of the world, spice up your life.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

mannanman wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:44 pm
Aussie more like it..

Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Slightly off topic but I wonder what happened to the nice Ukrainian folk who ran the Ukrainian restaurant 'Jungle Cat' on St 110? They sadly closed mid last year due to covid I presume. I miss their good food and service.

I wonder whether they went back to the Ukraine? Maybe @SINUS knows something..
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

He was 18 with a bullet
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

I just googled the lyrics of that song and your question was answered
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic