If I may be allowed a moment of your time...

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

If I may be allowed a moment of your time...

Post by OrangeDragon »

Over 200 members!!!! Woot!

Sorry, just had to get that out of my system... carry on.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: If I may be allowed a moment of your time...

Post by Username Taken »

OrangeDragon wrote:Over 200 members!!!! Woot!

Sorry, just had to get that out of my system... carry on.
Actually, I was just thinking tonight that the number of 'real live' members on certain other forums, rather than the 200,000 or something that is advertised as being 'active', were to be condensed to a more realistic figure, then it would have to be a pretty close race given the lifespan of CEO compared with others.

Good job fellas! :thumb:

:beer3:
FreeSocrates!
Expatriate
Canada

Post by FreeSocrates! »

Registered users online to me is the most important stat, let's have a look at the moment (Total online users will be higher on K440 because it has a 10 year history (higher SEO rankings and more backlinks):

K440 Registered Users Online:

Code: Select all

Baidu [Spider], bgray1195, Bing [Bot], EdinWigan, Elekid, Fractales, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, holidayinkh, jackrossi, Kalakala, kinard, LoneStar, Milord, MSNbot Media, Pecahead, pharmacambodia, rl66, Spad, thepostman2020, Tiggerdog, Yahoo [Bot], zeubie
CEO Registered Users Online

Bing [Bot], Bitte_Kein_Lexus, EdinWigan, ExPenhMan, Flashart, Forktongue2, FreeSocrates!, General Mackevili, giblet, Google [Bot], HotRecruiter, jah steu, kipkip, Master Cylinder, Milord, OrangeDragon, rick o'shea, StroppyChops, The Add Jay 
K440 - 24
CEO - 19

But it gets very interesting if you take out the Bots and Spiders (the automated robots that retrieve content for search engines - K440 will have more of them because it's an older site):

K440 Registered Users Online: (sans bots and spiders)

bgray1195, EdinWigan, Elekid, Fractales, holidayinkh, jackrossi, Kalakala, kinard, LoneStar, Milord, Pecahead, pharmacambodia, rl66, Spad, thepostman2020, Tiggerdog, zeubie
CEO Registered Users Online (sans bots and spiders)

Bitte_Kein_Lexus, EdinWigan, ExPenhMan, Flashart, Forktongue2, FreeSocrates!, General Mackevili, giblet, HotRecruiter, jah steu, kipkip, Master Cylinder, Milord, OrangeDragon, rick o'shea, StroppyChops, The Add Jay 
CEO - 17
K440 - 17

Interesting to me...
The cedar roasted asparagus has good chew. I don't know how to enjoy it, so I'll Instagram it instead.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

A good bit of research. Odd that my username doesn't appear for K440, I'm still a registered user over there. Is there a chance your data is registered users currently online, or recently active?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

also keep in mind, as pointed out elsewhere, we do ours users in the last hour while they do users in the last 30 minutes. going to alter those stats a bit.

I look at it as after 10 years they have 27,600 total members (obviously not counting ones that have been deleted, but that does count the banned users who haven't been...). In about 2 weeks we've gotten 200 (same rules apply).

10 years = 521 weeks (about.. there's a decimal as well but screw that.)
27,600/521 = 53 (rounded up)
53 x 2 =

106 users per 2 weeks.

we've got 200 in 2 weeks!

(Yeah, before anyone gives me shit I know that data is rubbish because of the desparity in the sample sizes for time... so what? I like it!)
FreeSocrates!
Expatriate
Canada

Post by FreeSocrates! »

^ Change your stats to one hour... you'll still be doing better than anyone expected.
The cedar roasted asparagus has good chew. I don't know how to enjoy it, so I'll Instagram it instead.
FreeSocrates!
Expatriate
Canada

Post by FreeSocrates! »

StroppyChops wrote:A good bit of research. Odd that my username doesn't appear for K440, I'm still a registered user over there. Is there a chance your data is registered users currently online, or recently active?
Registered Users online (current registered users that are logged in), you can see it in real time at the bottom of both pages:

https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/index.php
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

FreeSocrates! wrote:still be doing better than anyone expected.
zero doubt of this. Self included. I expected about 10-20 members who posted like 1 or 2 times a day at most and me and th general being the only two really filling the site with content for a good long time.

hopefully we can sustain this growth and involvement until the system becomes "too big to fail" in a sense.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

OrangeDragon wrote:
FreeSocrates! wrote:still be doing better than anyone expected.
zero doubt of this. Self included.
Agreed! ! We couldn't have dreamed of a better start!

Let's keep it up!
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
logos
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by logos »

I love you guys, but it is now time to work on adding real content rather than sucking each other's dicks :rebo:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic