Private Vaccination with EU recognized vaccine

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Lars1279
Tourist
Germany

Private Vaccination with EU recognized vaccine

Post by Lars1279 »

Hi,
I have received 3 shots with Sinovac and a few weeks ago 1 shot with Pfizer all from a government vaccination side already.
Now I am looking for another Pfizer shot so that when I fly back to Germany I am considered fully vaccinated. I would like to pay for this vaccination myself.
Sinovac is not yet approved in Germany.

Does a private clinic in Phnom Penh offer Pfizer, Moderna or J&J for sale?
These 3 vaccines are approved in Germany.
I would need one of these 3 vaccines for another shot.

Thanks!
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Private Vaccination with EU recognized vaccine

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Lars1279 wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:02 pm Hi,
I have received 3 shots with Sinovac and a few weeks ago 1 shot with Pfizer all from a government vaccination side already.
Now I am looking for another Pfizer shot so that when I fly back to Germany I am considered fully vaccinated. I would like to pay for this vaccination myself.
Sinovac is not yet approved in Germany.

Does a private clinic in Phnom Penh offer Pfizer, Moderna or J&J for sale?
These 3 vaccines are approved in Germany.
I would need one of these 3 vaccines for another shot.

Thanks!
My last 2 boosters (1 AZ from Preah Ang Duong Hospital and 1 Pfizer from Intercare) specified a minimum 4 month period since your last one.

Hence your bind I think and why I presume you're specifying a private vax and paid if necessary given you got your booster just 2 weeks ago. I recall the authorities designated some hospitals/clinics that could privately import, issue and sell vaccines last year. Royal Phnom Penh hospital was one of them I checked their website but couldn't see any update on that. Nevertheless, it's worth calling them to confirm if they have any.

Any members know of any other places or developments in this regard?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

If I was heading back to Europe soon I would be looking to get some iodine, not vaccines for a cold.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:43 am If I was heading back to Europe soon I would be looking to get some iodine, not vaccines for a cold.
I presume the OP needs it as a flight requirement for entry to Germany.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Clutch Cargo wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:50 am
Doc67 wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:43 am If I was heading back to Europe soon I would be looking to get some iodine, not vaccines for a cold.
I presume the OP needs it as a flight requirement for entry to Germany.
Yeah, Europe are still very anti the anti-vaxers, even if you have had 4 shots. That is seriously f**ked up. Half of Europe does accept the Chinese vaccines, but Germany and France still wont.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Contact Intercare at the Olympia Medical Hub (Orussey) and ask if they offer paid shots. At one point it was said they were doing Moderna for $25 (unconfirmed FB report).
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Hope the OP posts back his results on finding the vaccines and there price, it could be beneficial to other people and members here.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic