Malaysia lifting curbs on Thai & Khmer visitors

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Malaysia lifting curbs on Thai & Khmer visitors

Post by phuketrichard »

I dont know if this includes visitors from these countries or ONLY citizens of said countries>>
also no info on what tests if any required>
If all can visit an no test , its a huge start and can hope in 2 months travel will open for all here.

Quarantine-free entry to start March 15; Indonesia considers further opening up of Bali
Malaysia has announced the removal of curbs on travellers from Thailand and Cambodia, while Indonesia is considering a quarantine waiver for foreign visitors to Bali from next week, officials said on Saturday.

The two countries have imposed some of the strictest entry procedures in Asia to try to contain Covid-19 outbreaks and keep new variants at bay, but the restrictions have battered their tourism sectors.
https://www.bangkokpost.com/world/22743 ... dFjTY-it_A
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: Malaysia lifting curbs on Thai & Khmer visitors

Post by Jerry Atrick »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:23 pm I dont know if this includes visitors from these countries or ONLY citizens of said countries>>
also no info on what tests if any required>
If all can visit an no test , its a huge start and can hope in 2 months travel will open for all here.

Quarantine-free entry to start March 15; Indonesia considers further opening up of Bali
Malaysia has announced the removal of curbs on travellers from Thailand and Cambodia, while Indonesia is considering a quarantine waiver for foreign visitors to Bali from next week, officials said on Saturday.

The two countries have imposed some of the strictest entry procedures in Asia to try to contain Covid-19 outbreaks and keep new variants at bay, but the restrictions have battered their tourism sectors.
https://www.bangkokpost.com/world/22743 ... dFjTY-it_A
could use a nice week or ten days split between KL & Penang tbh
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

OMG I love Malaysia hawker food.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

yong wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:10 pm OMG I love Malaysia hawker food.
Ha, it would be safe to say yong you love food full stop :)
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Malaysia isn't even in my top-10 of places I'd like to revisit "after" the pandemic.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Alex wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:50 am Malaysia isn't even in my top-10 of places I'd like to revisit "after" the pandemic.
Georgetown, Penang, has always been on my top 10 cities in SE Asia

BUT its down on the list for places i will travel to once testing/quarantine free travel opens
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

I loved the Jetty food court in Georgetown, you could spend a year eating there & not have tried all the dishes.
One of the shops had a photo of Anthony Bourdain (No Reservations) with the chef & a chicken dish, so i ordered the same dish from the same chef as in the photo. Incredibly disappointing & bland, just looked good for the camera.
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

Yobbo wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:51 am
I loved the Jetty food court in Georgetown, you could spend a year eating there & not have tried all the dishes.
One of the shops had a photo of Anthony Bourdain (No Reservations) with the chef & a chicken dish, so i ordered the same dish from the same chef as in the photo. Incredibly disappointing & bland, just looked good for the camera.
what you see in TV, movies never reflect the reality.
Boredom is like a shroud
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

cabron wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:49 pm
Yobbo wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:51 am
what you see in TV, movies never reflect the reality.
Yeah it's a shame, must of been the lighting. The other 40 or so food shops looked fantastic!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic