Royal Enfield motorcycles now in Cambodia

Have a car, truck, motorcycle, or bicycle you'd like to sell? List it here for free. Heck, you can even buy and sell tuktuks or your pink Scoopy here. Remember, you need a driver's license in Cambodia for cars, trucks, and any motorbike that's over 125cc. And always wear a helmet!
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Royal Enfield motorcycles now in Cambodia

Post by AndyKK »

Apparently to be for sale in Cambodia.

EXCLUSIVE: Royal Enfield 650cc cruiser to be called Super Meteor; unveil at EICMA.

- 650cc cruiser to be called
Meteor

- Unveil at 2021 EICMA

- India launch early next year

Royal Enfield is soon going to unveil its highly anticipated 650cc cruiser. This bike is likely to be called the Super Meteor and will be unveiled to the world at the 2021 EICMA Show in Italy.

The Super Meteor brand isn’t new for the company. This brand was used for the American market in the early 50s. The Super Meteor when launched will become the most expensive Royal Enfield in India. This bike will be positioned as a premium cruiser for India as well as for the rest of the world, but will be priced competitively.

In terms of styling, the bike will feature a rear-swept handlebar and forward-set footpegs that will deliver relaxed ergonomics. The motorcycle will feature a round headlight with a chrome bezel, a tear-drop fuel tank, split-style seats, twin-sided exhaust canisters, and a round taillight. Similar to the current 650cc motorcycles, the upcoming cruiser will feature twin-sided exhaust pipes.

The Super Meteor will use the same 648cc, air and oil-cooled, parallel-twin engine that produces 47bhp of power and 52Nm of peak torque. This motor would be linked to a six-speed gearbox. Thanks to some spy pictures we know that the suspension setup will include upside-down front forks and twin-sided rear springs. The braking duties will be handled by disc brakes on both wheels. The cruiser motorcycle, as seen in the spy pictures, will have alloy wheels that will come wrapped in tubeless tyres.

The motorcycle should come equipped with the Royal Enfield tripper navigation system. The hardware, which is already available on the Royal Enfield Meteor 350 and the Himalayan, connects to a smartphone via Bluetooth and delivers turn-by-turn navigation. Electronic rider aids would most likely remain minimal, and the safety net should include a dual-channel ABS.

The Royal Enfield Super Meteor is likely to be launched in India early 2022 and just like its other bikes, this motorcycle too will be available with multiple accessories and MIY program.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

Maybe favorite.
Sen Sok Aeon.

They do look nice but really bloody heavy.
People of the world, spice up your life.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

And, here's another old British bike name, Norton.

HOW STORIED NORTON IS USING TROUBLED PAST TO PLOT A BRIGHTER, INNOVATIVE FUTURE

The Norton story may be filled with plot twists, successes and treachery already but that doesn't mean its greatest tales have been written just yet...

https://www.visordown.com/news/industry ... ive-future
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

The new Classic 350 has arrived in PP at the RE shop. Same new engine as the Meteor 350. I think this model will be very popular.

ImageImageImage

https://www.royalenfield.com/in/en/moto ... assic-350/
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

More on the new Classic 350.

Legend Reborn – Meet the All-New Royal Enfield Classic 350, Now Available in Cambodia

The quintessential, timeless, and retro-styled with all the underpinnings of a contemporary motorcycle is based on the modern J-series engine with an all-new chassis. Introduced in four stunning variants with seven colourways | Starting at 3,990 USD

The Royal Enfield Classic 350 is available in 4 new, exciting variants with 7 colourways, beginning with the Halcyon series, the Classic Signals, the Dark series, and the Classic Chrome.

Full: https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501032020/ ... RU-7RS7mgo

They've also updated their website with prices here: https://www.royalenfield.com/kh/en/moto ... assic-350/
Roadie
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Roadie »

$4000 is a good price. They've reduced the last of the 500 classics to $5000 to help move them out the door and from what I've read elsewhere, most countries already have nill stock of 500's. Cambodia seems to have some of the last available. By the specs the 350's have less power and torque but the same weight. Although they have a balance shaft so you should be able to rev them harder without the vibration. What you win on one hand!
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

120 years of Pure Motorcycling
1901. The year of the first Royal Enfield motorcycle and we’ve honoured it ever since.

This November, 120 years to the same month when Royal Enfield introduced its first ever motorcycle, we raise a toast to those times past – 120 years of engineering and design achievements, of extraordinary people and unforgettable rides. That’s 120 years of endurance and adaptability, of great challenges and even greater fun. Above all, 120 years of outstanding motorcycles and their enthusiastic riders.

Marking this important milestone in our journey, we are proud to present the 120th Year Anniversary Edition Continental GT and Interceptor 650. An opportunity for motorcycling enthusiasts across the globe to partake in owning a commemorative edition motorcycle and become a part of the rich legacy of the brand that you built with us.

A limited edition run of only 480 motorcycles, distributed as 120 units each for India, Europe, Americas and South-East Asia. The 120 units for each region split as 60 Continental GT 650 and 60 Interceptor INT 650.

https://www.royalenfield.com/in/en/120thedition/
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Roadie wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:29 pm $4000 is a good price. They've reduced the last of the 500 classics to $5000 to help move them out the door and from what I've read elsewhere, most countries already have nill stock of 500's. Cambodia seems to have some of the last available. By the specs the 350's have less power and torque but the same weight. Although they have a balance shaft so you should be able to rev them harder without the vibration. What you win on one hand!
From $4k I suspect might be an introductory promo price on the cheapest Halcyon (light blue) they have in stock now. I say that because on their website they have: Halcyon series $4201, the Classic Signals $4406, the Dark series $4513, and the Classic Chrome $4546.

In India, they also have the 'Redditch' series in grey, sage green and red (in a similar way to the Classic 500). Now RE Cambodia haven't mentioned that series so I dunno whether they will ever bring it. That one would be cheaper again (rear drum brake instead of disc in India).

At 195kg I feel the Classic is quite a heavy bike for a 350. Then again, I know a local here who had a Classic 500 and he said it was not fun to ride over 80km/hour due to the vibrations. Also, and more worrying, if you google 'how to reduce vibrations on a classic 500' you get all sorts of strange fixes including extra bearings, engine mount bolts and even using Loctite to secure all the nuts on the bike...no thanks. The problem is that RE Cambodia let customers 'test drive' in the side road in front of the shop but won't let you take it out any further to stretch the legs on the bike. I daresay a lot of 500 buyers didn't realise the vibration problem for touring. In the last 2 months, I've seen a black, green and desert sand ones for sale at $3xxx only 1 year old with low kms on Khmer24.

The other thing to bear in mind with the Classic 350 is that in India the Scram 411 is to be released in a few weeks and it's basically a roadster version of the Himalayan. Based on the Meteor experience, it seems there's about a 3-4 month delay between when it's released in India and arrives here. Also new to be released in India more mid year, is the Hunter 350. This is a scrambler version of the Meteor/Classic 350 with the same engine but single dual seat, upswept exhaust and lighter.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

195! Is that wet, I’d hope so.
My old 98 Kawasaki 900 was 200kg but it had 140bhp, high even today.

Low centre of gravity I’d imagine.
People of the world, spice up your life.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic