Worth getting a 4th vaccine?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Worth getting a 4th vaccine?

Post by AndyKK »

I have been told by 2 professional medical sources that covid19 is rampaging throughout the city at this time, so please take care.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

timmydownawell wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:34 pm
xandreu wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:19 pm
Little_Vicious wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:29 pm For those who care, 4th doses of Pfizer are available for those who qualify (4 months since 3rd shot) at Intercare Medical Center near Olympia Mall. It's free of charge, and the wait time is less than 20 minutes.

It seems like a good idea to me to take the free upgrade in protection seeing as how I haven't had any issues with the previous three injections.
Can anyone confirm that this is still the case? I've not had time to go lately but I have a free day tomorrow and am planning on going to get my top up, if it's still available?
Can confirm I got my Pfizer there this morning. Was in and out in about 30 minutes. Left hand side of Olympia Media Hub, go down the concrete "road" about 100m. You can park a moto right in front of the place where they're giving the shots.
I can only find references to Olympia Medical Hub. Not media hub. I assume it’s an auto correct error?
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

xandreu wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:58 am
Little_Vicious wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:29 pm For those who care, 4th doses of Pfizer are available for those who qualify (4 months since 3rd shot) at Intercare Medical Center near Olympia Mall. It's free of charge, and the wait time is less than 20 minutes.

It seems like a good idea to me to take the free upgrade in protection seeing as how I haven't had any issues with the previous three injections.
Can anyone confirm that this is still the case? I've not had time to go lately but I have a free day tomorrow and am planning on going to get my top up, if it's still available?
Can confirm I got my Pfizer there this morning. Was in and out in about 30 minutes. Left hand side of Olympia Media Hub, go down the concrete "road" about 100m. You can park a moto right in front of the place where they're giving the shots.
I can only find references to Olympia Medical Hub. Not media hub. I assume it’s an auto correct error?
Found it. For anyone else who’s as dumb as me (although to be fair Olympia Media Hub isn’t on Google maps) - go to Olympia Medical Hub but just before it there’s a dirt road on the left (on the same side of the road of the Medical Hub). There are tents on the corner of the road but I think these are for PCR tests. Keep walking up the road some way and you can’t miss it on the right. Lots of red plastic chairs inside and out.

We arrived at 11.30 and were told it was closed for lunch until 1pm.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

xandreu wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:53 pm
xandreu wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:58 am

Found it. For anyone else who’s as dumb as me (although to be fair Olympia Media Hub isn’t on Google maps) - go to Olympia Medical Hub but just before it there’s a dirt road on the left (on the same side of the road of the Medical Hub). There are tents on the corner of the road but I think these are for PCR tests. Keep walking up the road some way and you can’t miss it on the right. Lots of red plastic chairs inside and out.

We arrived at 11.30 and were told it was closed for lunch until 1pm.
Cambodians have very long lunch breaks.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Little_Vicious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Little_Vicious »

You can message Intercare on Telegram (in English) if you want to double check.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

Little_Vicious wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:21 pm

You can message Intercare on Telegram (in English) if you want to double check.
Thanks but I've already had it - everything said in this thread is still correct (as of yesterday)
MAGA
Tourist
Canada

Post by MAGA »

I just got covid from a tripple vaxed gf. I didn't get the vax. My symptoms were less than hers. It was basically fever off and on for 30 hours. I don't see how the vaccines are useful. No cough, no sniffing, and I just had coffee, so I am feeling better now. I'm actually thinking part of the problem was caffeine withdrawal symptoms.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

MAGA wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:53 am I just got covid from a tripple vaxed gf. I didn't get the vax. My symptoms were less than hers. It was basically fever off and on for 30 hours. I don't see how the vaccines are useful. No cough, no sniffing, and I just had coffee, so I am feeling better now. I'm actually thinking part of the problem was caffeine withdrawal symptoms.
did u get tested? otherwise how do u know it was covid?
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Pfizer 4th booster is still available at Intercare Medical Center next to Olympia Medical Hub. I was in and out in about 30 mins yesterday. Handy moto parking opposite. I've also heard from a FB group that Preah Ang Duong Hospital is also but can't personally confirm.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Clutch Cargo wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:20 pm Pfizer 4th booster is still available at Intercare Medical Center next to Olympia Medical Hub. I was in and out in about 30 mins yesterday. Handy moto parking opposite. I've also heard from a FB group that Preah Ang Duong Hospital is also but can't personally confirm.
Any documents required to proof residence (in Phnom Penh)?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic