Misunderstanding as Chinese Driver Leaves Scene with Accident Victim

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Misunderstanding as Chinese Driver Leaves Scene with Accident Victim

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, (Phnom Penh): According to the report, two Chinese men and a woman in a Mercedes car were traveling along Sihanouk Boulevard at high speed, when a young man on a motorbike crossed the road at the same speed and hit the front of the car on the left side. The motorcyclist suffered from head injuries and was bleeding from the face and mouth.
The report added that the driver immediately got out to lift the victim into the car for the purpose of taking him to hospital, but the victim's friends thought that the car was trying to escape with the victim, so they complained to the police to help chase down the Mercedes and stop it at 12:50 AM on February 25, 2022 at the checkpoint Neak Banh Tuek, Sothearos Street, corner of Preah Sihanouk Street, Khan Daun Penh.
Residents said that after the collision, the two Chinese men and women put the young victim in the car and drove off quickly, so the young friend of the victim panicked, reported to the authorities and rode a motorcycle to chase the Mercedes. After stopping the car, the victim's friend pulled the victim out of the car and called an ambulance. A private clinic came to take the patient for urgent treatment immediately.
According to the source, the Chinese car owner told the Chinese translator to explain that they had no intention of escaping, and that he did not hit the young man's motorcycle, it was the young man on the motorcycle who hit his car. The reason why he put the victim in the car was because they wanted to take the victim to the Chinese hospital around the corner, not because they planned to run away.
In the end, a representative of the car owner came out to solve the problem and paid for all the damage to the motorcycle as well as for the treatment of the motorcyclist's injuries to end the story.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Re: Misunderstanding as Chinese Driver Leaves Scene with Accident Victim

Post by mannanman »

I wonder what blood type he was?
People of the world, spice up your life.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

A bit sad now we're thinking the Chinese are no better than vultures, I'm sure that's what his friends we thinking.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

No, it's the classic example of I caused the accident and the damage to your car, but I am Khmer and you the foreigner, so you will pay.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

AndyKK wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:55 pm No, it's the classic example of I caused the accident and the damage to your car, but I am Khmer and you the foreigner, so you will pay.
Haha, yes that’s another way of looking at it!
People of the world, spice up your life.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic