Countries with passport renewal online

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Countries with passport renewal online

Post by mannanman »

I’ve googled it but there’s no info.
Just curious, what countries allow online applications for passport renewals, and without needing to courier your documents or passport?

I know the US is introducing a new online portal this year but who else, which begs the question why can’t everyone do it?
Jamaica and Ireland is all I can come up with so far.

Anyone?
People of the world, spice up your life.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Countries with passport renewal online

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

New Zealand has been for at least 10 years, possibly longer. Bloody simple, and quick, courier straight to my front gate, standard processing time has never taken more than 30 days, urgent processing took 4 days to arrive.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

The UK allows passport renewal online, and it is a superb process from my experience. You do have to send in the old passport via courier, but the online renewal and payment are a breeze. Had mine within a week or two and was approximately 1.982bn times better than using the morons at VFSGlobal. Maybe 1.983bn. Roughly.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

Italy will never have that...it would mean that some people would lose some high-paid-due-nothing-all-day jobs.
work is for people who cant find truffles
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

Spigzy wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:58 pm The UK allows passport renewal online, and it is a superb process from my experience. You do have to send in the old passport via courier, but the online renewal and payment are a breeze. Had mine within a week or two and was approximately 1.982bn times better than using the morons at VFSGlobal. Maybe 1.983bn. Roughly.
That’s only in country and some EU states I think.
People of the world, spice up your life.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Spigzy wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:58 pm The UK allows passport renewal online, and it is a superb process from my experience. You do have to send in the old passport via courier, but the online renewal and payment are a breeze. Had mine within a week or two and was approximately 1.982bn times better than using the morons at VFSGlobal. Maybe 1.983bn. Roughly.
When they issue your new passport do they return the old one cancelled? How do you then leave the country, on the old passport to get you exit stamp and hand in the arrival card, or do you leave on your new passport. Also, doesn't your visa expire when your passport is changed?
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

In Finland you can do it fully online as long as you have seen a passport officer for identification within the last 10 years. And I think this system has been in use since 2008 or so.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:56 am
When they issue your new passport do they return the old one cancelled? How do you then leave the country, on the old passport to get you exit stamp and hand in the arrival card, or do you leave on your new passport. Also, doesn't your visa expire when your passport is changed?
Yes the old one is included in the documents returned, corner cut off, etc. I then got the folks at work (who use an agent I believe) to put it back in with the immigration folks for visa transfer & Robert was my father's brother. My visa expired by a couple of days by the time I got it back, so had to pay the dinky fine on that & then the passport was returned with new visa, etc.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:56 am Also, doesn't your visa expire when your passport is changed?
Visa EOS remains valid until the expiry date, when departing/entering Cambodia you just present both passports.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:07 am
Doc67 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:56 am Also, doesn't your visa expire when your passport is changed?
Visa EOS remains valid until the expiry date, when departing/entering Cambodia you just present both passports.
That being said, could you opt to have it transferred, for convenience? And if yes, how much do they charge for this service?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic