Are there agencies that will arrange UK Passport Renewal?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
SlackWaster
Expatriate
Great Britain

Are there agencies that will arrange UK Passport Renewal?

Post by SlackWaster »

Hello

I live here but my UK passport has run out of pages and I will need a page for my annual visa in November.

I have been to the UK Gov website and it seems I need a Khmer speaker to go to VFS.

MY QUESTION: Are there any agencies that take all the donkey work out of this procedure, and who will do all the necessary forms etc?

Thanks in advance.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Are there agencies that will arrange UK Passport Renewal?

Post by armchairlawyer »

SlackWaster wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:01 pm
I have been to the UK Gov website and it seems I need a Khmer speaker to go to VFS.
Haha, do they really say that?
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

SlackWaster wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:01 pm Hello

I live here but my UK passport has run out of pages and I will need a page for my annual visa in November.

MY QUESTION: Are there any agencies that take all the donkey work out of this procedure, and who will do all the necessary forms etc?

Thanks in advance.
VFS are the agency & you do not need a Khmer speaker; just an appointment
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

There’s already an agent in charge at that’s VFS.
People of the world, spice up your life.
SlackWaster
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by SlackWaster »

OK - Nice one - much appreciated.
SlackWaster
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by SlackWaster »

Can I just ask - do I have to fill in any documents and prepare stuff before I go - or do I just make an appointment and they do all that stuff during the appointment?

Thank you in advance.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

I have renewed my British passport while living here. Did it a couple of years ago. Can't remember the exact steps but I didn't need an agent and don't remember it being a particularly traumatic experience. I certainly didn't need a Khmer speaker.

I'd check again if I were you....
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

read this https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports Ignore any other websites or agencies.
As instructed you book an appointment by email with VFS (in Phnom Penh Tower on Monivong) and then you turn up with your current passport, the application form, payment by credit card form, photos, color photocopies of every page in your passport and any other docs specified on the website. It only took about 20 minutes at VFS when I went last October. My renewal took about 10 weeks as there is a backlog, you will get an email when it is ready to collect. You get to keep your current passport for ID purposes but you can't travel internationally with it.
BTW, the Embassy here don't have anything to do with renewals.
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

As others have said, website is easy takes 20 minutes.

Appointment takes around 20 minutes.
Not sure why you would need/want an agent to handle the process, it's a farily important document and only needs to be done once every 10 years.

Also they do a bigger passport, if you're filling it up too quick, get that one, an extra 20 pages or so
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic