Phnom Penh crash course

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Apparition
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Phnom Penh crash course

Post by Apparition »

Yobbo wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:54 pm Welcome hansom man does not mean that you are a hansom man!
I've been lied to all these years
Apparition
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Apparition »

AE86 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:51 pm
Username Taken wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:25 am I thought the most important Khmer language to learn was 'moy tiet'.
I thought it was "ot mien luy"...
Is this something I need to know...like đi ỉa đi in Vietnamese?
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Ot mien loi must be the most valuable phrase in the Kingdom.
As well as ot jong
nah.
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

Apparition wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:41 pm
Yobbo wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:54 pm Welcome hansom man does not mean that you are a hansom man!
I've been lied to all these years
Lie in the bar is still more pleasant and a lot cheaper than lies from (my) government. :beer3:
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
Flexxman
Expatriate

Post by Flexxman »

Should the situation occur that bag or phone gets snatched (see warnings/precautions above) start shouting "jao, jao" (thief) and point towards the perp to alert bystanders. They will happily kick the thief off his bike and give him a beating, probably as revenge for some previous time they were targeted themselves. Then retrieve your possessions.

muoytiet - មួយទៀត = một lần nữa = one more (as in one more beer please)
Apparition
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Apparition »

Flexxman wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:34 pm Should the situation occur that bag or phone gets snatched (see warnings/precautions above) start shouting "jao, jao" (thief) and point towards the perp to alert bystanders. They will happily kick the thief off his bike and give him a beating, probably as revenge for some previous time they were targeted themselves. Then retrieve your possessions.

muoytiet - មួយទៀត = một lần nữa = one more (as in one more beer please)
Cảm ơn bạn. Tôi sẽ cố gắng nhớ này!

Sweet vigilante justice
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic