Ebola in Scotland

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
UKJ
Expatriate

Re: Ebola in Scotland

Post by UKJ »

Secret Squirrel wrote:Sectarianism was indeed caused by immigration. Large numbers of Irish immigrants in the late 1800's.
Life expectancy. You are basically saying that Bearsden represents 'average Glasgow'.
I didn't google life expectancy, but I had heard that the west end was the same as the south east of England. I took the west end to be quite a narrow area around Hyndland. I am a bit North of that, but not as far as Bearsden. Still, from the tobacco barons, to the Clydeside, Glasgow is miles better :D Much of Scotland resents it, except the hundreds of northerners move here, and drink in their own cliques. I resent subsidising their airfares to decent Glasgow hospitals! If you want to live in the Shetlands, then pay your own airfare to Glasgow if you are ill!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Surely Hyndland is more in the southern regions...
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
UKJ
Expatriate

Post by UKJ »

Some reality TV bimbo tweeted about it................

After news that a Scots nurse was being treated for the virus, Hopkins wrote: "Sending us Ebola bombs in the form of sweaty Glaswegians just isn't cricket."
Another tweet said: "Glaswegian ebola patient moved to London's Royal Free Hospital. Not so independent when it matters most are we jocksville?"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-g ... t-30641705

I'll post it in the thread where someone thinks you can say anything online with no consequences, if anyone has a comment on internet v real life comments.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic