A Giant Temple 200 Years older Angkor Wat

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: A Giant Temple 200 Years older Angkor Wat

Post by Clutch Cargo »

I might just add that MrB doesn't always start a new topic here on CEO for every single video he uploads to YouTube. So if one is interested, you need to go to his list of videos and check for any missed https://www.youtube.com/user/MrBudzini/videos

As an example, this recent video explains the history and motivation behind his drive to catalogue forgotten temples

He clearly mentions that he sees himself as an 'enthusiast' and does not pretend to be an expert or scholar on the subject of khmer temples. He also mentions that he gets little money from YouTube and his Patreon account but is helpful for covering his expenses.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

And he's basically giving the motivation to temple lovers to come touring Cambodia, spending cash feeling the country, not owning it.
A better job than some "Come to Cambodia" advertisement videos i've seen, and it's not like the country doesn't need it.
:hattip:
Last edited by Ghostwriter on Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:48 am, edited 4 times in total.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Ghostwriter wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:07 am
John Bingham wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:50 pm There's a pub in my home town that's 300 years older than Angkor Wat.
atst wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:49 am I always have a giggle when Aussies talk about how old some of their buildings are.
I wasn't made aware of kangaroo's pubs in year 900, but carry on, we all have a giggle.
CaliforniaGuy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by CaliforniaGuy »

Clutch Cargo wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:06 am I might just add that MrB doesn't always start a new topic here on CEO for every single video he uploads to YouTube. So if one is interested, you need to go to his list of videos and check for any missed https://www.youtube.com/user/MrBudzini/videos

As an example, this recent video explains the history and motivation behind his drive to catalogue forgotten temples

He clearly mentions that he sees himself as an 'enthusiast' and does not pretend to be an expert or scholar on the subject of khmer temples. He also mentions that he gets little money from YouTube and his Patreon account but is helpful for covering his expenses.
Thanks for posting this about Mr. B. I didn't know about him or his channel before this thread. My wife and I both like to experience the little visited temples for both spiritual and historical reasons. We now have a great new resource!
I wish I knew a whole lot more, or a whole lot less.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic