Former Digi customers - advice?

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Former Digi customers - advice?

Post by Freightdog »

I had EZ for a very short time, largely based on their experience- good service, reliability, etc. I’d dropped Sing Meng, because they NEVER answer the phone, or respond to technical issues.
Sadly, the branch in Toul Sangkae is staffed with a bunch of utter retards and cheating arseholes, and so we are now with Smart.

Smart: 2 months upfront, and then pay as you go. Setup yourself, it took ten minutes. And while it needs a power socket, it can be taken anywhere, so long as there’s an available smart 4G signal. MetFone seemed like it was similar, but their technician was slow to get back to us.
Having now heard what’s happening in this thread, it seems the way to go.
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

Just misc personal experience here. Over the years I've had Digi, Opennet, Metfone, and Cootel.

Cootel was reliable but slow (take anywhere box) and pay as you go monthly. I keep it as a backup and I'm happy with the $10 a month package.

Metfone was by far the fastest for the best for reliability and usability at a slightly higher price. Pay 6 months, get 1 month free. Current house has had Metfone for 8 months now, no issues with random drops in speed after the first few months and haven't had to use customer service at all (from what I'm told).

Digi and Opennet I swore off of and never would sign up with them again. Unreliable, no customer service, lazy technicians who couldn't be arsed to install things properly (left the modem on the stairs after they wired it up and left *Opennet*) and overall unpleasant experience. Not worth the $2-4 a month savings in my view.
-insert signature here
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

AE86 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:26 pm Just misc personal experience here. Over the years I've had Digi, Opennet, Metfone, and Cootel.

Cootel was reliable but slow (take anywhere box) and pay as you go monthly. I keep it as a backup and I'm happy with the $10 a month package.

Metfone was by far the fastest for the best for reliability and usability at a slightly higher price. Pay 6 months, get 1 month free. Current house has had Metfone for 8 months now, no issues with random drops in speed after the first few months and haven't had to use customer service at all (from what I'm told).

Digi and Opennet I swore off of and never would sign up with them again. Unreliable, no customer service, lazy technicians who couldn't be arsed to install things properly (left the modem on the stairs after they wired it up and left *Opennet*) and overall unpleasant experience. Not worth the $2-4 a month savings in my view.
is the metfone 3g?
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

nemo wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:47 pm is the metfone 3g?
Wired connection with Wifi router. Install was free, paid $96 upfront good for 7 months.
-insert signature here
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

The other half tells me that she had a sales call from someone regarding SingMeng, yesterday. A bit of a sales pitch, SingMeng is a completely new company now, very reliable, although she didn’t pay much attention to the name. They asked- Why did we cancel our service before?

Given that our contract with SingMeng ended in November, it’s taken them a while to notice. But this phone call is the first effort that that organisation has made since 2020.

Crap customer service is hardly going to help their cause.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic