Modesty & Women's Clothing

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Eeyan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Modesty & Women's Clothing

Post by Eeyan »

Woops, mythical not mystical 😅
Singapore Slinger
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by Singapore Slinger »

:stir: I must warn you there is some stiff competition on here Smelly Ellie from Wigan I think being one,her hobbies include beating up beggar women and throwing them out of moving tuk tuks in order to head home with Nigerian gentlemen?
Then there's the very attractive German mixed race girl who went on a very horny and sexually explicit acid trip to Kampot but never really came home,with government spooks shadowing her across the Planet in various airports if my memory serves me right?
:plus1:
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Freightdog wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:37 am The other wardrobe ensemble that is very popular is the pyjama set.
On the right gal, this can be a great look.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Touching on this next bit as the ladies of the forum have yet to chime in.

Underwear!
The brassiere, to be quite frank, bring enough to cover replacing the ones you bring with you if you plan on staying long enough to need new ones. This applies if you are of a larger cup size than the average Cambodian lady.
Knickers too as your preferred choice / style may not be available here.

Oh, and make sure any clothing, you wear outside of your apartment, is not diaphanous.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

A decade ago I would have said no, not appropriate. Now, I don't think anyone in the city would bat an eyelid. Only exception being if you go to the countryside where people are still more conservative, but as mentioned, you wouldn't want to wear those items there anyways because of the Strength of the sun/UV rays. Either way, I applaud you for asking as many (men as well) don't think about it before travelling/moving here.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
orichá
Expatriate
Canada

Post by orichá »

I'm not much interested in Cambodian women... Because 96% of them can't put on a bikini.
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~
“There are terrible difficulties in the notion of probability, but we may ignore them at present.” - Bertrand Russell
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

One thing local women seem very conscious of is avoiding any display of rear cleavage (builder's crack) so it might be sensible to follow their example.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

I was on that bus i remember cos i missed my stop
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

This is the look to go with if you want to keep your pale skin pale:

mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

And wear your jacket top on backwards.

If you see the way the backpackers don’t dress in Kampot you’d realise locals don’t care or get used to it. No bras, tits poking out, g string on show, no knickers clearly not visible etc. it’s terrible. (If they’re fat)
People of the world, spice up your life.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic