New Elite Card allows holders to work in Thailand – for 32 million baht

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

Not sure how accurate this is as this seems to be the only source. Anywayz, it seems too crazy to be true:

https://www.huahintoday.com/thailand-ne ... lion-baht/
Thailand Privilege Card Co Ltd, the company that operates the Elite Card, has launched a new program that will allow new and some existing members to legally work in Thailand.

Under the Elite Card’s new Flexible Plus Program applicants will be able to obtain a work permit.

Previously, Elite Card holders were prohibited from working in Thailand.

But now new applicants to the Flexible Plus Program, as well as existing members of the Thailand Elite Card, Elite Ultimate Privilege, Elite Superiority Extension and Elite Privilege Access will be granted the right to work in Thailand.

That’s providing they invest at least $1 million, approximately 32 million baht, into Thailand within one year of being granted the card.
Apparently, some guy named Name Surname already got one.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: New Elite Card allows holders to work in Thailand – for 32 million baht

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Will likely facilitate a lot of Chinese property companies being formed, I can't see who else is likely to support the the condo market in the short to medium term and the prices that I see being asked in new and current developments.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: New Elite Card allows holders to work in Thailand – for 32 million baht

Post by Doc67 »

That’s providing they invest at least $1 million, approximately 32 million baht, into Thailand within one year of being granted the card.

So, if you bullshit them sufficiently, you can have a one year work permit and then say, "no thanks", and leave.

These types of schemes are commonplace, most countries have a business investor programme and if you have a few $million to invest you can get in most countries, even good ones ( :stir: )
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic