Novak Djokovic says he’d rather skip Wimbledon and French Open than get a coronavirus vaccine

Title says it all really...
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Novak Djokovic says he’d rather skip Wimbledon and French Open than get a coronavirus vaccine

Post by SlowJoe »

I'm probably going to come across as a pea-brain...but this is what it really looks like to me when I see the back and forth.

"I don't want to be vaxxed." = you're a threat to others who you can pass the disease to.

"If others are vaxxed, why should they worry about me?" = because you can still spread it to vulnerable people.

"Aren't they the ones who should be vaxxed then and not me?" = you're putting strain on the healthcare system if you require treatment for your bad decisions

"What if I'm not statistically at risk?" = you're a bad example and spreading misinformation

"What about all the misinformation on the pro-vax side like the 90% effectiveness and life going back to normal?" = you're not allowed to talk about that and will be censored

"Then why should I trust anything you have to say at this point?" = because we're the experts and to "deny me is to deny science", and if you don't take the shot, we're going to enforce countrywide mandates and pump non stop propaganda into your ear until you give in...

And yet I still hear people trying to claim that "no one is forcing anyone to do anything?" Come on people, if the same nonsense was being pushed by a JW or a Mormon, you'd slam the door so hard in their face before they got passed the first excuse, but for some reason you give these "professionals" a pass because their white coats and name badges have different lettering on them...
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Novak Djokovic says he’d rather skip Wimbledon and French Open than get a coronavirus vaccine

Post by Clutch Cargo »

No love for him downunder.. yet he wants to return..

OPINION
Ali v Novak: The Greatest wins by a knockout

Long read: https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sport/ ... 59wuw.html

OPINION
Martyr alert: Djokovic pays price and makes it all about himself

Long read: https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sport/ ... 59wra.html

Djokovic wants to return to Australia

In an extensive interview with Serbian national television RTS, Djokovic said previous success at the Australian Open fuelled his desire to return, despite the legal storm which resulted in his deportation, after his visa was cancelled twice by the federal government, and Immigration Minister Alex Hawke exercised his ministerial power in the case.

The minister would need to give Djokovic a dispensation to return to the Australian Open in the future after the visa cancellation. Djokovic on Thursday received a warm welcome in Dubai, where he visited the world’s fair following the global drama around his decision to remain unvaccinated, ahead of returning to competition in the Duty Free Tennis Championships.

Djokovic admitted that his decision to attend an interview with L’Equipe while COVID positive was selfish, and brushed off the moniker of “Novax” which has been applied to the star because of his unvaccinated status.

“I admit that it was selfish what I’ve done by attending the interview with L’Equipe. My mistake which I own. I understand that not all people will forgive me and I understand the critics,” he said.

“I’ve been called various different names throughout my career. There are always those who support you and others who don’t. That’s all I can say.”

Djokovic’s future in the grand slam events, and on tour, remains clouded as different jurisdictions have different vaccination requirements. Wimbledon is unlikely to ban him from defending his title, as Britain allows unvaccinated people to enter, although they are subjected to isolation and testing restrictions that do not apply to vaccinated travellers. It does not have vaccine mandates.

Djokovic reiterated that his participation in other tournaments, including the French Open, depends on health restrictions set by hosts as he maintains his refusal to get a COVID-19 shot.

Full: https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sport/ ... 59xl3.html
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Chuck Borris wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:02 am Man with dignity.

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sport ... 022-04-21/
"Djokovic, who grew up in war-torn Serbia, said the athletes had nothing to do with the ongoing conflict.

"I will always condemn war, I will never support war being myself a child of war," Djokovic told reporters at the Serbia Open, an ATP 250 event in Belgrade."
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic