What time does the war start today?

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
orussey98
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: What time does the war start today?

Post by orussey98 »

Why Russia would attack Ukraine?

It seems like everything good for them especially 2 important things, energy and food
Give them a good control of Europe with gas and probably good on China too with gas and food not sure really tbh
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

blueman.cambodia wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:02 am
How anyone can find humor it what appears to now be an unavoidable human catastrophe is beyond me. With Russia appearing to lend support to a Chinese invasion of Taiwan, and of China appearing to lend support to a Russian invasion of Ukraine, only a global tragedy can result.
So there is this kind of spirit that have helped a lot for some past horrible things that happened to real people that managed to keep somehow alive, for example :

And now it gets to Minority Report pre-crime level of "No humor (or vague trollesque attempt) will be tolerated" in the name of...what ? Future things that may or may not happen ?

Sounds as weird to me as people rejoicing beforehand for a possible's other-people lottery win, before the draw.

I'm sure Ukrainians, Russians, Chinese, even Khmers have their sense of humor based on shit they endured.
The world might end with a bang, there always will be a funny fucker somewhere with an ultimate wit, may you like it or not.
Even deads have some good words on their gravestones, and it's their deaths.

Broomsticks and colorectal dephts of political correctness says a lot these days.
Screw that.
I'm not against quality, though.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

I don't think there will be an outright military invasion by the Russians. I know nothing, but my instinct is that there is a lot of dramatic chest-beating going on, and the surprise effect is a total wipe-out. IMO, any invasion is more likely to be something like the theory below.
Whilst Ukraine's allies focus on dramatic warnings of a full, military invasion - with major cities under bombardment and tanks surging on Kyiv - it was a timely reminder that the country remains vulnerable to less obvious forms of attack, less soaked in risk for Russia, too.
"Everyone in the West is trying to see a signal for hope in this Russian statement that it's withdrawing some forces from the border, but it actually means the risk of a hybrid invasion may be even higher," Ukrainian political analyst Maria Zolkina argues.

She sees a smaller incursion launched from the eastern regions of Ukraine already controlled by Russian-backed forces as a more realistic threat, likely sparked by a "provocation".
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60398296
Eeyan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Eeyan »

To answer the thread title question, any time after my Singapore Airlines flight gets past Ukraine 🇺🇦 is preferable 👍
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic