If you skip quarantine what punishment should you face

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
KTabi
Expatriate
Japan

Re: If you skip quarantine what punishment should you face

Post by KTabi »

A stiff slap on the bum ought to make them think twice. That or the bees.
:thumb:
Bong Kri
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Bong Kri »

Clemen wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:38 pm
Bong Kri wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:25 pm I think a 2 week quarantine in jail followed by a deportation would suffice.
Yep, clearly you have no respect for the country’s law.
So, quarantine, negative test, nasty fine, deportation at your cost, permaban (which would go on your record, “have you ever been deported or been denied admission to”.
I don’t really understand your comment. I was merely stating what action I thought should be taken if someone skipped quarantine.
From the recent people who have, it doesn’t differ much from what I stated. A 2 week quarantine, followed by deportation. I just suggested the 2 week quarantine should be in jail. Excessive? Maybe, but the potential risks and selfishness of not quarantining in my opinion should be dealt with harshly and strongly discouraged.
Please let me know if I’m missing something.

Edit: I’m specifically referring to quarantining on arrival.
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

Bong Kri wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:19 pm
Clemen wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:38 pm
Bong Kri wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:25 pm I think a 2 week quarantine in jail followed by a deportation would suffice.
Yep, clearly you have no respect for the country’s law.
So, quarantine, negative test, nasty fine, deportation at your cost, permaban (which would go on your record, “have you ever been deported or been denied admission to”.
I don’t really understand your comment. I was merely stating what action I thought should be taken if someone skipped quarantine.
From the recent people who have, it doesn’t differ much from what I stated. A 2 week quarantine, followed by deportation. I just suggested the 2 week quarantine should be in jail. Excessive? Maybe, but the potential risks and selfishness of not quarantining in my opinion should be dealt with harshly and strongly discouraged.
Please let me know if I’m missing something.

Edit: I’m specifically referring to quarantining on arrival.
Right, I was agreeing with you, and the original question in the op was “if you skip quarantine what punishment should you face?” I added a hefty fine, deportation at your own cost, and a permanent ban. Being expelled/banned from a country often automatically makes you ineligible for entry to some others, at the least it makes it difficult, assuming they share data, and just about everyone does on undesirables now.
up to you...
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

These malefactors should be broken on a wheel....

Then forced to sit on a spiky chair....

... and then be locked in a pig helmet...

...etc
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Kampuchia Crumbs
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kampuchia Crumbs »

atst wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:11 pm It doesn't matter where you go but if you know the condition to enter a country is quarantine then so be it.
Now if you decide quarantine isn't for you and you go out and infect many people causing schools closings, hotels closed nightclubs gyms even cities to be locked, countless people suffering due to unemployment or reduced income
What should the punishment be, I'm sure a few touk touk guys would love to get their hands on them to say the least.
You should be forced to marry one of the fine "ladies" walking over by Wat Phnom, and listen for the rest of your life to "You no love me, You no Vaccine"...

:hattip:
What, Me worry?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic