Tested Positive on Arrival?

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Tested Positive on Arrival?

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

@Username Taken Singapore has declared Cambodia as a Category II country, so either PCR or professionally administered RAT.

It is bloody hard to keep up sometimes!
Raggepepsi57
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Raggepepsi57 »

and how do they check that you follow the rules for quarantine at home/hotel?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Raggepepsi57 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:34 pm and how do they check that you follow the rules for quarantine at home/hotel?
They expect people to be responsible and follow the rules, but we all saw how that went back in 2020 when people were caught out partying when they were supposed to be self-quarantining, which then ruined it for everyone else flying into the country. There have been a few, and I mean that literally, reports of Sangkat Officials and/or police conducting random checks.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:33 pm
Raggepepsi57 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:34 pm and how do they check that you follow the rules for quarantine at home/hotel?
They expect people to be responsible and follow the rules, but we all saw how that went back in 2020 when people were caught out partying when they were supposed to be self-quarantining, which then ruined it for everyone else flying into the country. There have been a few, and I mean that literally, reports of Sangkat Officials and/or police conducting random checks.
In the apartment building I stay; the police have been bringing 3 free meals per day for the Cambodians who tested positive for covid19 and a quarantining at home. There had only been one incident when one of six positive cases, locked the downstairs door, so police could not gain entry to take one young lady for testing. She has had covid19 twice now.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Raggepepsi57
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Raggepepsi57 »

Username Taken wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:57 am
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:20 am Image
Is that the most recent Quarantine rules? Still 14 days?

I told him to stay home and isolate and rest, go outside and get some vitamin D each day. After 5 days do a RA test. If negative, do another test 2 days later. If negative again, book the flight and test at Intercare Medical Center.

And just a FYI from YT yesterday, "Australians who test positive overseas now only need to wait 7 days to come home, and require a negative Rapid test 24 hours before take off."
From here:
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501024216/ ... 9-at-home/
Uncle-V
Expatriate
Croatia

Post by Uncle-V »

Sorry if this is redundant, guys. I am still not clear what happens to you if you are coming in as a tourist and test positive on arrival at PNH?

I am scheduled to fly next week and this is my worst nightmare right now.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Username Taken wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:13 am
Username Taken wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:02 pm My son flew in on Tuesday from Brisbane via Singapore. He tested negative on arrival.
Today he got a call from the airport saying that someone on the flight had tested positive for Omicron, and that if he feels unwell he should get tested.
(He's currently feeling fine).
He said that on the Singapore to Phnom Penh leg he wore 2 masks.

He's hoping to fly out again next Wednesday.
He and his sister (my daughter) were hoping to fly out yesterday. Went to collect their test results only to find that he's covid positive.
He asked what variant of covid and was told that it is government information and that they can't tell him.
He was sent home, but is half expecting a van with guys in hazmat suits to come to take him away today.

An expensive exercise as it turns out. Two PCR tests @ $130 each, plus two flight cancellations @ $200 each.

If there is a God, I expect he looks like a vagina!
UPDATE:
The competent authorities don't seem to provide any contact details, nor do they seem to keep track of start / end quarantine.
My son was tested as covid positive two weeks prior to last Wednesday, that's 3 weeks tomorrow. He said that every few days he would get an automated bot calling asking about covid symptoms (he had no symptoms, at any time).
If he tried calling the bot's number, he would just get an auto bot answering, but no joy asking about ending quarantine.
Text messages to the number went unanswered.
Even on Saturday (4 days ago) which would have been about quarantine day #16/17, he got the bot call asking about symptoms.

Finally, yesterday, he got an SMS from someone telling him he could go to Koh Pich for testing.
He went there today, did the test, and the result
Spoiler:
will be available within or in 3 days. :facepalm:
------------------------
And, now the Australian Govt has done away with the Australia Travel Declaration and replaced it with the all-new Digital Passenger Declaration.
The ATD / DPD must be lodged within 72 hours of arrival in Australia.

Reading through the links for the new DPD reinforces the problem of having a Federal Govt making rules which are then overridden by States.

The Federal govt says "Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) taken under medical supervision within 24 hours before the flight’s scheduled departure to Australia."
NOTE: 'before DEPARTURE'

But, then they say, "Currently, most states and territories require you to undertake a COVID-19 test within 24 hours of arrival"

Do you see what they have done there?
One is 24 hours before departure, the other is 24 hours before arrival. :facepalm:
Apparently, you need to comply with the law of the state that you will be arriving in.

Travel was never meant to be this difficult.

Links for anyone interested:
https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/digi ... eclaration
https://dpd.homeaffairs.gov.au/
https://www.australia.gov.au/states
https://www.health.gov.au/health-alerts ... re-testing

Addendum:
Daughter was supposed to start school in Oz last week.
Son was supposed to have started Tertiary college yesterday.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

According to the announcement released by MoH on the weekend, the home based treatment for a positive patient can be shortened to 7days.

In summary:
1. Individual who tested positive at home, must inform their local authority about the positive result
2. Self-isolation at home (mild symptoms and proper self-isolation room is available)
3. Conduct ART/RDT on Day 7 (if they don’t have worrisome symptoms from D5-D7)
- If Negative ART/RDT on D7, their home based treatment procedure is finished ( no need for further self-quarantine for fully vaccinated individuals; however, for people who are not fully vaccinated have to follow another 7days of self-quarantine at home.
- If POSITIVE ART/RDT on D7, re-test every 48hours until Negative
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic