How much does a cow cost?

Provincial living: homesteading, farming, gardening, self-efficiency and animal husbandry.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Re: How much does a cow cost?

Post by mannanman »

Cooldude wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:05 am This subject just came up with the girl who is from Kompong Cham. I guess when she sells a cow there, she has to pay around $200.00 to the cops to take care of the transfer/ownership documents.
Is “the girl” your partner?
Either way did you just get stung for $200. Ownership papers. Lol.
People of the world, spice up your life.
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

Kammekor wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:52 am
daeum_tnaot wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:30 am Actually in my view cows are not a positive move. Beef is harmful from a climate change perspective. Environmental impact is major.

Dairy cows could be another story but that is hardly done in Cambodia at all.
I'm not sure a cow is more harmful than a diesel engine from a climate change perspective. Cows in Cambodia are not used as pets, they're merely a tool in small scale family farms.
Hi Kammekor, I'm talking about cows for meat, which is what most of them are in Cambodia now. Few people still use them to plow, most of it is going for meat production. I can't prove that but let me check with my wife again.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

2500 seems to be a lot to me..

work is for people who cant find truffles
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

Is “the girl” your partner?

What would the girl being my partner have anything to do with this situation? I wasn't asked for any money from anyone. As the post stated, it came up in conversation recently because she owns cows in the province and why would she make something like this up? How many times have you heard of people claiming their cows were stolen in Cambodia? There must be some proof of ownership or I'm sure people would be having their cows stolen on a daily basis.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

Cooldude wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:45 pm Is “the girl” your partner?

What would the girl being my partner have anything to do with this situation? I wasn't asked for any money from anyone. As the post stated, it came up in conversation recently because she owns cows in the province and why would she make something like this up? How many times have you heard of people claiming their cows were stolen in Cambodia? There must be some proof of ownership or I'm sure people would be having their cows stolen on a daily basis.
No, there’s no paperwork. They take pictures of themselves with them (like a selfie) and any distinguishing marks then they do a hoof print, like a thumb print, so it can be checked if they’re stolen.

There is no cow titles or ID cow cards.

Cows and other animals get stolen all the time which is why the owners let them in the house at night and even sleep with them in bed. (The Cows bed not theirs. That would be silly)
People of the world, spice up your life.
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

I just spoke with her again about this. In Kompong Cham, there is paperwork that goes with the sale of cows. The cops handle the paperwork for a fee of $200.00 and this practice was started in 2020.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cow Breeder is Happy with Artificial Insemination
Friday, 21 April 2023
Huot Leang Dangkao, a cow breeder in Tbong Khmum province, said that technical and artificial breeding of cows was easier than traditional methods.
Huot Leang, 50, owns a successful cattle farm in Ta Ream village, Chong Cheach commune, Tambe district, Tbong Khmum province. He started raising cows in 2013, when he started with 17 cows, and he has now raised around 700 head.

In 2021, he started to change the way he bred the cows, using artificial insemination. After receiving training from the Tbong Khmum Provincial Department of Agriculture, he now has more than 100 calves.

He said that artificial calves raised for one year can be sold weighing 350 kg, which can earn him between $ 1,000 to $ 1,200 per head. The source of food for the animals comes from 15 hectares of grass that he grows himself, supplemented with some bought corn.
At present, Mr. Huot Leang sells live cows for 1,500 riel per kilogram, which he said is a drop in price. However, he said that he did not give up this cattle business, because he thought that the future in Cambodia may be short of cows and the price of domestic cattle will rise.
- Kampuchea Thmey
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cattle ranch signs MoU with three agri-institutions
Chhorn Norn | Publication date 01 May 2023 | 20:25 ICT

Locally-owned firm i7 Ranch Co Ltd last week signed memoranda of understanding (MoU) with three state-run educational institutions to promote agricultural education in Cambodia, especially in cattle raising and breeding skills.

The MoU signing between the firm and the trio – Royal University of Agriculture, Prek Leap National Institute of Agriculture and Kampong Cham National Institute of Agriculture – took place at the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries.

Ministry undersecretary of state Ky Chanromduol, who presided over the signing ceremony, said this would contribute significantly to the development of agricultural education in Cambodia, especially towards building a new generation of human resources through training to promote the development of agriculture, particularly in cattle raising and breeding.

“The MoU signing today was of prime importance for the agricultural education sector in Cambodia, especially students from the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Science, as they will be able to gain practical hands-on experience.

“i7 Ranch meets international standards and has experts from developed countries. Therefore, our students not only acquire knowledge and know-how, but also are equipped with knowledge of trade in the cattle raising sector,” he said.

The managing director of i7 Ranch, Srey Chanthou, said he considered the MoU to be a successful step forward following an earlier MoU with the Cambodian Cattle Expert Club (CCEC) on cooperation, development and breeding of Cambodian hybrid cattle on April 23.

“We have signed MoU with three more universities and institutes to train and develop real skills for them because we have a place to practise those skills,” he said.

Chanthou said the students who received the training from the three universities and national institutes already have good basic knowledge, but that they need more real skills and talents practice.
https://www.phnompenhpost.com/business/ ... stitutions
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Post by LaudJohn »

Something wrong with the maths.

Sells a 350kg cow for $1000 to $1200 per head but he sells them live for 1500 reil per kg. This would make a 350kg cow worth under $150.

Maybe they have omitted a 0.
scott61
Expatriate
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Post by scott61 »

short or long time?
Welcome to social media. You will be contacted shortly by someone who doesn't understand humour.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic