Actual delivery times for DHL or FedEx

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Re: Actual delivery times for DHL or FedEx

Post by CaptainCanuck »

I had a small parcel delivered from Canada using FedEx .... it got held up for 3 days in China and then I got a notice it was in Cambodia and delivery (PP to Kampot) would be next day via private courier but actually took 4 days and 2 messages asking where it was.
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

antonio66 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:25 am Well I need to send two packages to the uk, one 25kgs and the 14kgs, been quoted over $1300 by DHL and over $1200 by FedEx. These two items can be shipped from the uk to Phnom Penh for less than $500, anyone know the reason for the huge discrepancy in price? I have sent a message to FedEx but have not received a reply.
Europe-Asia has always been a lot cheaper than the other direction simply because of demand. There’s much more freight trying to head from Asia to Europe than the other way round. Also, DHL and the like know that if you try to use regular airfreight from here you will have large Customs clearance/export permit costs to pay before it gets on a plane, so they can factor that into their pricing.
I think I’m correct in saying that DHL here is in-house/DHL owned and operated while FedEx and UPS are agents.
DaveUNTX
Tourist
United States of America

Post by DaveUNTX »

Any idea of what a 150kilo welding machine and leads would cost to ship from US to Cambodia?
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

DaveUNTX wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:03 pm Any idea of what a 150kilo welding machine and leads would cost to ship from US to Cambodia?
Would the importer be a registered company or an individual? If an individual it gets slightly complicated as you would probably need to "borrow" a company's registration to clear something like that. Can be arranged, but it costs extra.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic