Foreigner Presence in Cambodia App

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Foreigner Presence in Cambodia App

Post by xandreu »

I registered on the app when it first came out but noticed a few months ago that my log-in wasn't working anymore. I still had about 6 months left on my visa and assumed it might sort itself out so forgot about it, but I'm now down to a month away from having to renew my visa and I still can't log in to the app.

When I put my phone number and password (which are both correct, I've never changed my phone number since arriving here and the password is 100% correct) it says 'Access Denied. Sorry your phone number or password was incorrect. Please try again!'

When I click on the 'Forgot Password' link and only put my phone number in, it says the same - 'Access Denied. Sorry your phone number or password was incorrect. Please try again!'

But when I click on the 'Search' tab at the bottom and put my passport number in, I get a green tick that says 'Valid'.

I have also tried the 'Create New Account' tab and scanned my passport again. I then have to put my phone number in again and it sends me a code via SMS. I put the code in and it says 'Access Denied. Your operation was not successful. You can contact support for more information'

I sent a message using the 'support' tab with all my details, asking them to look into why I can't log in, but when I clicked 'send', my message looked like it was on some sort of public message board rather than a private message so I deleted it quickly as I don't want my personal details displayed publicly. It looked more like a forum than a private messaging system.

Does anyone have any suggestions what I can do? I know that last time I renewed my visa I had to log into the app and they took a screenshot of it as I was logged in.

Could my landlord have done something? I haven't moved address in three years so there's no reason they would have done something and even if they did, surely it wouldn't prevent me from at least logging in?

Any ideas?
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Foreigner Presence in Cambodia App

Post by Doc67 »

You will need to register with a new phone number. This thread contains many stories of failure with the APP.I registered as my landlord was having the same problem, and I had no problem.

post502792.html?hilit=fpcs#p502792
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:48 am You will need to register with a new phone number. This thread contains many stories of failure with the APP.I registered as my landlord was having the same problem, and I had no problem.

Thanks. So I just need to get another sim card and register it with that number yes?
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

xandreu wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:52 am
Doc67 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:48 am You will need to register with a new phone number. This thread contains many stories of failure with the APP.I registered as my landlord was having the same problem, and I had no problem.

Thanks. So I just need to get another sim card and register it with that number yes?
Yes. Get the sim registered in your name though, keep it all as legit as possible. Where you put in the dates of your "stay" at your address, there seems to be lo limit. So, you should put yourself down for at least the next 3 visa renewals, in your case about 26 months. Take LOTS of screen shots of all the screens and save them in a few different places.

Your FPCS problems are then sorted out for 3 years, by that time they'll have a new app.
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

The main objective is to protect foreigners’ safety and security in case of emergency when they are travelling within the country.

Nothing to worry about...
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

a few months ago immigration came to the house< asked if my wife was here, nope, at work, asked if i could speak Khmer, nope> asked would she be here the next day in the morning, nope at work....
so we spoke english> which he spoke fluently.
he asked about the app an i told him that phone died, so he used my new phone and registered for me< listed me as home owner>
not lets see what happens when my extension comes due
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

@phuketrichard , take a screenshot of the required page now, because the app is f**ed and you may not be able to login at a later date.

phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

just logged in, works fine, took screen shot
and than sent oit to my email account
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

When we first visited the wife’s town a local cop would come round and get my info. This is streamline the process.
People of the world, spice up your life.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic