Mexico rated 'very high' risk for travel by the CDC

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Mexico rated 'very high' risk for travel by the CDC

Post by phuketrichard »

head to San Miguel de Allende ( taught at the art institute there in 76) , Guaymas & Mazatlan are 2 favorites' of mine
plenty of expats
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:25 pm Even thou it seems death rates are down, infections are rising everywhere >
This Omicron is running thru the world's population like a hot knife thru butter. Almost 130 destinations now officially ranked "avoid travel" for US citizens
After more than six months in the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's lower-risk Level 3 travel category, Mexico moved into "very high" risk Level 4 on Monday along with 11 other destinations.
Tourism powerhouse Mexico had been listed at Level 3 since June 7. A record-high number of new Covid-19 cases has been recorded this month in Mexico.
Among the 12 destinations added to Level 4, five were in South America: Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Paraguay and French Guiana (an overseas territorial collectivity of France).
In the Caribbean, Anguilla and Saint Vincent and the Grenadines moved into Level 4.
Singapore and the Philippines in Southeast Asia also moved into the highest-risk category, as did Moldova and Kosovo in Europe.
the 12 places added this week are: ( complete list; https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... tices.html , amazing the countries at level 4
• Anguilla
• Brazil
• Chile
• Ecuador
• French Guiana
• Kosovo
• Mexico
• Moldova
• Paraguay
• The Philippines
• Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
• Singapore

http://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/c ... 4062490214

FYI: Cambodia is listed as "unknown" along with Afghanistan, North Korea, Sudan, Yeman and others
Thailand / Laos 3

its time to just let everybody catch it thats going to ( said this months ago) and just move on
It certainly would save a lot of time, effort, economic downturn, panic etc., if we knew who was going to catch it, in advance.
Geez, Singapore went from hero to xero quick smart, basically on a relax-the-rules experiment.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
techietraveller84
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by techietraveller84 »

mannanman wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:09 pm
techietraveller84 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:27 pm My friend went down there and came back with COVID the next day.
On the other thread you said you’ve traveled to “do not travel” countries and had no problems.

Maybe that’s why they have the advisories.
CDC advisories and Embassy advisories are different. Embassy advisories are based on overall safety, while the CDC bases it solely on disease exposure. My previous comment was based on Embassy advisories...Also, I was talking pre-pandemic advisories, since I haven't done international traveled during the pandemic. The Embassy now seems to incorporate the CDC recommendations.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic