First criminal charge against Facebook/Meta

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: First criminal charge against Facebook/Meta

Post by Spigzy »

Yobbo wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:47 pm Good onya Twiggy! This could open the flood gates.
Fb needs to lift its game, it has gone all gung ho putting accounts in Fb gaol for posts amongst friends, yet lets these scam ads run free. I kept getting Bunnings ads on my feed, selling Tv's for $3, so I hid them, they just kept coming back under a different heading. Gave up!
Those Bunnings ads are legit, I bought a thousand units & flipped them on Amazon for $1,000 each. See how I became a "flipping" millionaire by buying my eBook here for just $2.99: www.lolnrly.com/closingsale/discount/#morons
:hattip:
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Facebook lost charge of its own trajectory some years ago and is now a failing giant

The whole meta BS is just a desperate pivot - it's going the way of MySpace and bebo faster than anybody realizes
Flexxman
Expatriate

Post by Flexxman »

As I understand it, the thing that Meta/Facebook really worries is this:

https://www.theverge.com/2022/2/2/22914 ... e-earnings

It does ring true, teenage children of friends all have in common that Facebook is a platform for 'old people' (parents and alike) and they live on TikTok and Instagram (the latter a Meta company as well). Absence of growth, especially in the markets that matter is a bigger issue and leaves investors looking elsewhere.

Facebook is currently seen as uncool in that target group... does not bode well for them. One can always hope!
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

It fell off a cliff today.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

I've used an Oculus, Meta future seems legit. Buy the dip. :-)
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

dam 26% drop in one day!!!

The company formerly known as Facebook has hit major turbulence Meta, the company formerly known as Facebook, suffered its biggest one-day wipeout ever on Thursday as its stock plummeted 26 percent and its market value plunged by more than $230 billion.
Its crash followed a dismal earnings report on Wednesday, when Mark Zuckerberg, the chief executive, laid out how the company was navigating a tricky transition from social networking toward the so-called virtual world of the metaverse. On Thursday, a company spokesman reiterated statements from its earnings announcement and declined to comment further.

Here are six reasons that Meta is in a difficult spot. as it suffered its biggest one-day wipeout ever.
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/03/tech ... 3GOM5TI4mo
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

That's a loss for any invester with an ETF not just Facebook.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:52 pm Facebook lost charge of its own trajectory some years ago and is now a failing giant

The whole meta BS is just a desperate pivot - it's going the way of MySpace and bebo faster than anybody realizes
^^ dated before the cliff

You can be my portfolio manager, Jerry.
With over the horizon radar like that, you must be a very rich man.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Meta Renews Warning to EU It Will Be Forced to Pull Facebook
European regulators are currently re-working data regulations
Company said exit may be option if it couldn’t rely on rules

By Jillian Deutsch and Stephanie Bodoni
7 February 2022, 14:02

Meta Platforms Inc. has once again threatened to pull Facebook and Instagram from Europe if it is unable to keep transferring user data back to the U.S., amid negotiations between regulators to replace a scrapped privacy pact.

European Union regulators have for months been stuck in negotiations with the U.S. to replace a transatlantic data transfer pact that thousands of companies relied on, but which got struck down by the EU Court of Justice in 2020 over fears citizens’ data isn’t safe once shipped to the U.S.

In its annual report published Thursday, Meta said that if it couldn’t rely on new or existing agreements -- such as so-called standard contractual clauses -- to shift data, then it would “likely be unable to offer a number of our most significant products and services, including Facebook and Instagram, in Europe.”
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... data-rules
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

^^^ The EU should tell Facebook/Instagram to go ahead and pull out of Europe. Then watch Zuckers cave in and do a back flip.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic