Immediate Hire:Confessions of a Cambodian Pole Dancer Abroad

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Immediate Hire:Confessions of a Cambodian Pole Dancer Abroad

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Immediate Hire

All though the prevailing narrative of Cambodian women working in the overseas sex industry is of trafficking and abuse, some women are making an informed choice to join the sex trade. A young woman from a traditional Cambodian family tells MILK why she decided to work as an exotic dancer in New York.

Remember when you were younger and about to go on stage, and everyone kept telling you to imagine the audience naked so you wouldn't be so nervous? Well, flip that around to the whole crowd looking at you naked, and see how you feel. ‘Cause that's exactly what I've been doing for the past three months.

Last year, I moved from my native Cambodia to New York to go to university. One day, I was out and about in the city and I stumbled upon a strip club with a sign that said ‘immediate hire’. The next day, in the middle of a class, I filled in the application, sent out one of my cutesy half nudies – and along came a job offer the very next day.

Had I not chosen to take time to mentally prepare myself, I would have started work the next day. I'm glad I gave myself some time to figure out how this would affect my feelings, my family, and my potential partners. In the end, it was still going to be me being the judge of who I am, and maybe the little extra ‘secrets’ I would keep to myself. And that’s how my stripper alter-ego, ‘Annie’, was born.

Continue reading here... http://www.milk-zine.com/immediate-hire.html
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Immediate Hire:Confessions of a Cambodian Pole Dancer Ab

Post by General Mackevili »

No picture of her. I'm sure many of us would recognize....
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Post by wackyjacky »

Strippers in big cities make huge cake. I tended bar at a joint in SF in the 90s and the hot girls got all whiny & bitchy if they didn't make $1000/night. They didn't do shit for it either. Nerds paid big to have a real live girl to talk to. If they weren't lesbians they just gave all to their worthless scumbag bfs who didn't work and spent it all on other girls & drugs.
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

In the movie "Independence Day" Will Smith's GF is an exotic dancer and proud of it. (and tells the first lady so.) America and its church led laws have made American men a nation of voyeurs. Nevada has the only legal brothels and are really expensive. America should take note of OZ with its legal brothels. In the US you have whole squads of police in each city just to try and stamp out the "oldest profession." (total waste of tax payers money!)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic