CEO and Khmer440 reach a GENTLEMEN'S AGREEMENT!

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Master Cylinder
Tourist

Re: CEO and Khmer440 reach a GENTLEMEN'S AGREEMENT!

Post by Master Cylinder »

you're welcome.
seems you can pick your friends noses.... it's just gross.
ThePrimeMinister
Expatriate

Post by ThePrimeMinister »

MoodyMonkey wrote:
CharlieHarpersBar wrote:Why would anyone choose to 'hide' their online status??
Black Forum Ops.
This is a black forum? Wow, more stuff that wouldn't happen on 440.
Can you dig it?!?!
Milord
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Milord »

CharlieHarpersBar wrote:Tell me! I'll move there!! ;)
That's a lot of skin to be revealed in an avatar. Oh, the decadence. Think of the children. :shock:
FreeSocrates!
Expatriate
Canada

Post by FreeSocrates! »

CharlieHarpersBar wrote:To be fair, CEO times their users over 60 mins, K440 times them over 30. Much of a muchness though.

Right now CEO has 35 registered members and 3 hidden online, and K440 have 40 registered and 16 hidden.
Don't forget to subtract the bots and spiders (it's almost always a close race from what I have been observing).
The cedar roasted asparagus has good chew. I don't know how to enjoy it, so I'll Instagram it instead.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Milord wrote:That's a lot of skin to be revealed in an avatar. Oh, the decadence. Think of the children. :shock:
Okay. I think if their surface area to volume ratio was in any way genetic, it's likely their children would have a lot of skin too.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
FreeSocrates!
Expatriate
Canada

Re: Khmer440.com FINALLY admits we exist! (with link!)

Post by FreeSocrates! »

Playboy wrote:

Khmer440 and other expatriate forums in Cambodia

The events of the last few weeks means that now is a good time to properly articulate Khmer440’s attitude to other expatriate forums in Cambodia, in particular our policy on discussions relating to them here.

Khmer440 is by far the largest, longest-running and most successful forum for expatriates living in Cambodia, and for those interested in Cambodia generally. Despite reports to the contrary, Khmer440 is in excellent health. Traffic to the forum in May is near an all-time high, and posting activity is as high as ever, notwithstanding the recent departure of two or three of our megaposters. At the same time, we are comfortable that the range and standard of discussions on Khmer440 is better and more interesting now than it has ever been.

That does not mean we are complacent, and the owners and managers of the site are constantly striving to enhance and develop both the site and the discussion forums. In many ways, Khmer440 has developed and matured in exactly the same way as its core constituency - expatriates living in Cambodia. As that market grows and matures, so has - and will - Khmer440.

Notwithstanding this success - or perhaps because of it - it is inevitable that rival forums will appear on the market seeking to emulate our achievements. We welcome that (even those who simply replicate our model), providing those new entrants develop on their own merits and avoid cannibalising our membership base and marketing partners. Competition on a level playing field is a good thing, and we firmly believe there is room for more forums. We wish all new forums the best of luck in their endeavours.

Debate and discussion here about both the origin and the relative merits of all Cambodia-related discussion boards is inevitable. It is also welcome. However, we are keen that discussions of other forum do not become a dominant theme on Khmer440 as it is on some other boards.

With that in mind, we intend to keep this particular thread open and encourage members to restrict all such discussions and debate to this thread, and this thread only.

We fully expect references to CEO, CPN, LIC, et cetera to appear on other threads, and that is fine. However, when such posts generate further discussions and arguments on those threads, the moderating team will take appropriate action. In most cases this will be to move those posts here; in a few cases it will mean deleting those posts altogether. This is not intended to stifle debate; instead it is meant to ensure the forum doesn't become cluttered with the same discussion on numerous unrelated threads.

We understand that people will have strong views on these issues. We fervently encourage them to be shared in a mature way. Already, this particular thread has developed into an excellent vehicle for posters to provide much-needed and welcome feedback on how Khmer440 operates. Constructive - and occasionally less constructive - criticism is welcome and we will take it on board.

What we do ask though, is this: Please keep the discussion focused on forum content and activity, and let us avoid attacking particular protagonists personally. Khmer440 has been built on light-hearted banter and we do not want to change that, but we want to avoid gratuitously personal attacks, and the moderating team will delete such posts without explanation, regardless of who posts them.

One final thing: Under no circumstances are links to other forums to be included in threads or as signatures. Khmer440 is a business, and while we welcome discussion of the relative merits of our competitors, we will not allow direct links or promotion of rival sites. That is just common sense. Posts with such links will be deleted.

D'Management.
Sounds to me like keeping_it_deleted is just trying to hide behind Playboy's good name (maybe he had to catch a bus out of town?). The whole tone of the thing is WAY too serious to be Playboy... or maybe it just shows the severity of the situation. (I'd sell the site now if I were KiR)
Khmer440 is by far the largest, longest-running and most successful forum for expatriates living in Cambodia, and for those interested in Cambodia generally.
Doesn't mean it always will be.

Traffic to the forum in May is near an all-time high, and posting activity is as high as ever, notwithstanding the recent departure of two or three of our megaposters.
Not according to 3rd party analytics. http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/http%3A%2 ... mer440.com
Notwithstanding this success - or perhaps because of it - it is inevitable that rival forums will appear on the market seeking to emulate our achievements.
They appeared because you banned them. Not only that but you invaded their privacy, and then you spent weeks trying to suppress mutiple users posts and questions.

They are not emulating you or imitating you. You are not special, anyone can download https://www.phpbb.com/ and start a forum and post some articles.
Last edited by FreeSocrates! on Fri May 30, 2014 12:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
The cedar roasted asparagus has good chew. I don't know how to enjoy it, so I'll Instagram it instead.
FreeSocrates!
Expatriate
Canada

Post by FreeSocrates! »

General Mackevili wrote:You can also feel free to insert links to other url's and even put a link to whatever url you want to in your signature, profile. We try very hard to keep our forum free and open to everyone to discuss any topic that the community wants to voice their opinions on (within reason, of course), and if you've found an interesting site to link to that doesn't break any of our rules, we'd love to have it on here!l
Thank you for keeping the internet free and open.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Past is past... they're doing their part to reconcile these issues and help everyone move on... as should we. Comparisons between the two (or any others...) are just that, comparisons. No harm in measuring one next to the other. But lets try to be better about pushing the issues of what's been done, and see where things go with what will be done in the future.
FreeSocrates!
Expatriate
Canada

Post by FreeSocrates! »

OrangeDragon wrote:Past is past... they're doing their part to reconcile these issues and help everyone move on... as should we.
They are in damage control mode.

You should make some fake accounts and PM their users.

Love how they barry the thread that talks about CEO in Lifestyle, when everyone knows it should be in the Speakeasy.

Their tactics are so transparent.
FreeSocrates!
Expatriate
Canada

Post by FreeSocrates! »

SockPuppet wrote:And I agree, Playboy is the only sane owner on there ;)
Always enjoyed his posts, seems like a great guy.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic