Trouble with Roaming SIM card for two step authentification

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Re: Trouble with Roaming SIM card for two step authentification

Post by daeum_tnaot »

Kammekor, I don't think that's the problem.

If I can't get Cellcard to turn it on roaming remotely I may have to send the SIM to Cambodia to get access to it again.
joined2help
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by joined2help »

If you have the cellcard app, yes, you can activate it.

If you don't have the app, plead with cellcard to have it activated. There is a chat window/box on their website. I went to Dubai 3 years ago and noticed i forgot to turn it on before Emirates took off from Phnom Penh. So i bought a local sim card and chatted with them. Very helpful and they could even see in real time whether I was connected or not to their UAE roaming partner.
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

joined2help wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:55 pm If you have the cellcard app, yes, you can activate it.

If you don't have the app, plead with cellcard to have it activated. There is a chat window/box on their website. I went to Dubai 3 years ago and noticed i forgot to turn it on before Emirates took off from Phnom Penh. So i bought a local sim card and chatted with them. Very helpful and they could even see in real time whether I was connected or not to their UAE roaming partner.
Thanks, yes I downloaded the app, but I also did not activate that before I left Cambodia. It also requires an OTA code to activate the app (which of course I can't get).

I'll keep trying to ask Cellcard to turn it on. I just sent them an email.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Asking Cellcard (again) to activate roaming is probably the best option. For what it's worth, I use my Cellcard SIM card in Thailand and have managed to keep it alive since the Covid mess started. But I had activated roaming and the app before, from within Cambodia. The app requires reauthentication by OTP quite often - not only for the initial activation, but also whenever a major update happens.
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

Alex wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:40 pm Asking Cellcard (again) to activate roaming is probably the best option. For what it's worth, I use my Cellcard SIM card in Thailand and have managed to keep it alive since the Covid mess started. But I had activated roaming and the app before, from within Cambodia. The app requires reauthentication by OTP quite often - not only for the initial activation, but also whenever a major update happens.
Thanks that's good to know that it works for you.

By the way, all, I found this Google Voice is cheaper than Skype - 9 cents for landline and 15 cents for mobile:
https://voice.google.com/u/0/rates
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic